A pair of dark eyes

"She must have suffered a concussion"

"Well, it's been two days. When will she wake up?" An eager voice asked.

"I don't know. We just have to wait"

"What use are you if you can't even tell me that" The voices were getting louder by the second.

"Hey! This is your fault. I don't know why you're wasting your time with a lost sheep." He said with a hint of disgust.

"Look at you, a doctor who doesn't give a shit about people. Ironic." He sarcastically shouted as if he wanted the whole world to hear what he was saying.

"Oh please. Since when did you get involved in charity work?" He made sure to point out the word "you".

I rolled around until I was in a prone position and covered my ears with my hands to try and block the annoying voices that had woken me up. I took a deep breath and the scent of vetiver that impregnated the soft sheets I laid on calmed me down. I stayed like this for a couple of minutes. This bed had never smelled this nice.

I turned around, opened my eyes and tried to sit down. My head spun around forcing me to fall on my back. I slowly pulled my body up and leaned on the black leather headboard behind me. I was confused and disoriented. I looked around. This definitely wasn't my motel room. I studied the place. A fireplace illuminated the huge bedroom. The walls were made of redwood and in the middle of the ceiling hanged a beautiful metal chandelier. I was laying on a gigantic black bed, dressed in black satin bedsheets. Chills traveled from the tip of my toes all through my neck. This was definitely not my cheap motel room.

The bedroom door swung open and a man walked in. He seemed to not have noticed me. I followed him closely with my eyes as he moved from one side of the room to the other.

He finally stopped pacing around and sat on a black leather couch that was right across from the bed that kept me warm. He leaned his head forward and held it with one hand while the other massaged the back of his neck.

I didn't say anything. I felt the need to let him rest. He seemed tired. I watched him for a while, not taking my eyes off of him; not even for one second.

I was beginning to think he had fallen asleep when  a pair of dark eyes met mine.

"God!" I screamed and jumped back. The sudden exchange startled me and brought me back from a place of wonder.

I brought my hand to my heart and massaged it. God. I repeated this time to myself. I looked down to my hands and then noticed the black satin pajamas I was wearing.

"What the hell?" I questioned the outfit.

"That's all I had" A strong rusty voice answered my question.

I immediately looked up in awe. His eyes hadn't left mine.
"You dressed me?" I was suddenly embarrassed. Then in an attempt to put some extra distance between us and cover my breast area in an exaggerated motion, I fell off the bed.

"Fuck!" I heard him exclaim. His heavy steps approached me.

My butt hit the ground and I groaned in pain.

"Here" His hand welcomed mine.

I hesitated.