Chapter 3: The Bargain

Alex's POV

"Are you telling me Peggy was the one buying drugs from you?" I asked shocked.

John smiled. "The girl isn't as innocent as you may think."

Peggy Hamilton and all of her sisters were the most popular girls at school. The news of Peggy doing anything illegal was shocking. Peggy out of all of them was the most kind and innocent of the three. She was the last person Alex would guess to be involved with drugs.

"You got to tell the police," I said realizing this information could be important.

"I can't. I'll end up in jail if they find out," John disagreed.

"Your hiding information from the police! That's illegal!" I explain.

"It's not like this would be the first illegal thing I done," John laughed.

Frustrated and annoyed, I didn't want to spend another second with this kid. I sighed and added, "Fine. I'll just tell the police myself."

As I was about to walk out the door, I felt someone grab my wrist tightly. "Tell anyone and your dead," John whispered in a dead tone.

"Is that a threat?" I asked looking at him.

When I met his eyes I quickly realized I shouldn't be joking around with him. His eyes looked wild with amusement and hate. John did do multiple illegal things. Suddenly I realized I had no choice.

Shaking my wrist free, I said, "You won. I won't tell as long as you help me figure out who the murderer is."

"Normally I don't bargain with people, but I'll make this exception," he agreed. "Maybe it'll be fun."

Glad John was on my side, I felt a little bit relieved, but at the same time I knew the situation was over our heads. Who was I kidding we were just teenagers. Even so John seemed like he knew a lot more information than he gives off.

"Now that that's settled, tell me this," I continued. "Did you see anyone else at the playground?"

Before John could answer another student walked in. Knowing we couldn't continue this conversation at school we decided to text each other later tonight.

A/n Sorry this is really short! I just got back from camping. I'll be back with a longer chapter soon!