Chapter 1

Feeling drowsy, I sat at the bar alone, watching my best friend while sipping on my drink. That crazy girl was all over this man. She really didn't live up to her name, Daisy.

I looked away and sighed, the single pringle life hitting me hard. In the club, the music was too loud and obnoxious, and I felt a headache coming because of the smell of alcohol and smoke in the air.

I yawned inwardly as I breathed in the sweet, warm scent of chocolate. I was bored out of my mind and it was clear that I didn't belong here. In a club.

Where I actually belonged in was my room. Or the library. Or an ice cream parlor.

"Nice drink, I didn't think they served that here at the bar," a melodious, female voice said from my right.

I would've assumed that she wasn't talking to me, but no one else would order such a strange drink here. I faced the owner of the sweet voice and my breath caught in my throat. The brunette was absolutely gorgeous, with long straight hair that reached her butt and a pair of dazzling, jade green eyes under the dim lighting of the club. Because she sat closer to me than expected, I noticed a faint dash of natural freckles scattered along her cheekbones and the bridge of her nose that she proudly displayed without covering them with makeup. She had a light layer of makeup on her face, since she was already naturally gorgeous. Her olive skin was smooth and clean, and I was tempted to feel how soft her skin was. The pretty girl was dressed in a lavender halter top that revealed her collarbones and shoulders, a short black mini skirt, and black strap-on heels.

A hand waved in front of my face, snapping me out of my daze. The girl quirked an eyebrow, an amused smirk on her pink lips. "You okay there? You spaced out for a second."

I blinked and felt heat rush to my cheeks in embarrassment. I cleared my throat and stared down at the cup of hot chocolate in my palms, avoiding the curious gaze of the beauty. "S-Sorry about that. And actually, I was the one to ask Dave if he had hot chocolate bags when I first came here. Surprisingly, he did and so now I get his special-made hot cocoa everytime I come here," I explained shyly.

"Oh that's pretty cool of him! May I try this special hot cocoa of yours?" she asked, smiling at me.

"Sure." I pushed it over to her and watched her take a sip of it, and then laughed when her green eyes widened in amazement.

"Holy, this is so good! Screw alcohol, I'm getting this from now on!"

"Val, did you just convert someone into drinking hot chocolate instead of alcohol in this club?" Dave asked as he walked over to us.

I shot him a sheepish grin and shrugged. "It's just that good, since you can drown your sorrows in the hot chocolate goodness and not have a hangover in the morning."

"Damn right I won't! Good job Dave, this is the best I've had ever," the girl praised.

Dave laughed and slid another steaming drink towards her. He winked at me as if he was planning something. "On the house."

The pretty girl grinned widely and accepted it. "Really? Sweet, thank you!"

Dave waved her off and went to serve another person at the bar.

She turned towards me while sipping her new, favorite drink, a satisfied glint in her bright green eyes. "So... I never caught your name other than him calling you Val. Should I just call you Cocoa Girl?" she teased.

I straightened and quickly introduced myself, "Oh, pardon my bad manners! My name is Valoren Zhang, but you can call me Val. Nice to meet you."

"No need to be so formal, Val. I'm Bianca Grace, nice to meet you too." Bianca peered at me intently, which I averted my eyes and decided to down my drink in order to hide my awkwardness.