Chapter 1

1

 It was another day in the small town of Rhode Island. The breeze was blowing lighty and the hot summer sun was beating down on a young, sixteen year olds forehead. Sweat slowly rolled down her pale, lightly freckled face as she worked at cutting firewood. Loran Coss, was not your average girl. She did not like dresses or going to the mall, she did not like going to parties or drama. She liked to play volleyball and walk through the woods. She has a brother who is a total drama, and was only fourteen. Alex her brother was definitely the favorite, Loran couldn't remember the last time her parents asked about her day.

2

Loran swung the axe hitting the wood. "Hey stud." A girl said behind Loran. Loran turned around showing her best friend since fourth grade. Her brown hair laid perfectly around her face and her blue eyes glowed like beams. "Don't do that, dont you see." Loran said as she lifted the axe showing it to her friend. "Well I was thinking about scaring you but then I saw the axe." She said with a sarcastic tone. "So how has your day been." Loran asked turning back towards the wood. "Decent, but my legs are killing me from those stupid catchers drills." Sarah laughed. "You?" She added. "Well, I woke up and ate breakfast, and, well, came out here and started to chop wood. You know the house next store sold. I heard that there was a family moving in." Loran said, slowing down the speed of her swings and set the axe onto the ground. Loran started to walk heading over to her house. "Our you coming or what?" Loran asked. Sarah quickly caught up to her. They both walked inside Loran's house. "Do you want anything to drink." Loran asked. "Already got it." Sarah said holding up a half drank water bottle. Loran reached up to her cabinet and grabbed and glass cup. She turned on the sink and filled it up with water. The two girls walked over to the door that led to the outside. They both sat on the porch looking at the on going traffic. "So how are jake and you going." Loran asked the girl sitting next to her. "Great, actually, we went roller skating last night. I left my keys in my pocket. And i guess you can tell how that went." Sarah responded watching a truck pull into the next door driveway. "Hey look, a boy." Sarah said looking at the teenaged boy. Loran saw him, her heart skipped a beat but then she felt a feeling of fear.