#1 - Disconnected

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

A girl who appeared to be in her late teens stood before a mirror in her bedroom. She examined the state of her clothing which was tattered, to say the least. She grabbed her t-shirt and ripped it off her body so that her long waist-length black hair wouldn't get tangled in it. Taking one last look at the shirt she tossed it in her nearby trash can. She looked back in the mirror, this time at her pants which were in the same condition as her shirt. Looking up a bit she noticed that one of her bra straps had been cut off. It was pretty obvious this girl had been in a major fight...with a grizzly bear.

She decided it was in her best interests to just completely change her clothing. The girl clenched her left fist and two claws popped from her knuckles. She used these two claws to finish the job and slice off her bra. A normal girl would pull her clothing off but this was no normal girl. This was Laura Kinney, the daughter of the ferocious enemy of the Wolverine known as Sabretooth. The door to her bedroom opened and in walked Laura's cousin Megan who was shocked to see her naked.

"I'm sorry the door was slightly open I didn't think you would be indecent." Megan covered her eyes.

"Nothing you haven't seen before." Laura showed little concern about her cousin being in the room. "I'm pretty sure we have the same body parts."

"What happened to you?" asked Megan who noticed the torn clothing. "I don't even know why I ask cause you're never gonna tell me. I look for you after school every day and you disappear all the time, then you come home with clothes torn to shreds. Where do you go?"

"You don't want to know," Laura simply replied.

"Laura, we're family," started Megan. "At least that's what my mom says. We're cousins you should learn to trust me. You never tell me anything about you. The little I know was told to me by my mom. I was just thinking we've been sharing a room for a year now and we never talk. I'd like to know how Aunt Sarah died. You can even tell me who your father is. And maybe tell me who it is you're fighting that leaves your clothes in shreds but your body unscarred."

"No thanks." Laura put on some underwear and dropped onto her bed.

Megan sighed. She tried numerous times to get to know her cousin but every time she failed to even get a little closer to her. The reason Laura was so closed off from her cousin was simple. She was asked by her aunt to not tell Megan about her life. To not tell her that she was a mutant like her father. That she was a lab experiment while still in her mother's womb.

Years had passed since she was busted out of a place known as the Facility by her father Sabretooth and his partner Mesmero. It was a secret Weapon X complex that was attempting to make a new Wolverine under the noses of the higher-ups. One of their scientists Sarah Kinney, Laura's mother, was part of the project.

SOMEWHERE IN PENNSYLVANIA—YEARS AGO

The DNA samples they had on the Wolverine was damaged and of no use to them. The project appeared to be doomed until news came that Wolverine had been in the area and fought with his archenemy Sabretooth. Sarah was the first one to the scene of the battle. She had hoped to find something. Anything would have worked. A strand of hair. Maybe blood that had come out during the brutal claw slashing that both hero and villain were known for.

After gathering samples of unknown origins, she went to a local bar to get herself a drink. She ended up getting more than just a drink. Working for the Facility lead her to drink. She was not happy with her job, working for people she considered evil but she had no choice. In order to get herself out of trouble and prevent her family from getting involved she needed this job to pay off some loan sharks.