Chapter 3

I pick out a black sequin mini dress with three quarter sleeves and bare back for my birthday party. Becca came at exact eleven and we drove together to the bar. As we entered the bar the smell of alcohol burned though my nostrils and it took a minute to get used to. Becca took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor.

I was so lost in moving myself that I didn't realize that the club was now empty and the only person there except me was the a guy I couldn't see his face properly though he was so close to me. I try to move closer but the gap between us is still there.

"Hey! Hey! Wake up!" I hear a familiar husky voice. As I come back to the real world the first thing that hit me is the stinking and fetid smell of sweat. I open my eyes to look for the source when I realize that the shirt that is rolled under my head is the one with that obnoxious smell.

I instantly get up and take in my surrounding – it looks like we are in the middle of a forest and right now I'm in the back seat of the an SUV – to find Mr. Green eyes looking at me with an amused look on his face. "You know, you really got me at the clothing store," he says breaking our staring contest.

"What do you want from me? And where is my mom Mr. Green eyes?" these are the only questions that slip from my mouth though my head is popping a new question every second.

A smirk plays on his lips that I have a strong urge to wipe away from his lips. "For now the only thing that I want from you is to not do what you did to me at the store," he shakes his head at me and now it's my turn to smirk up at him. "I mean I'm just a kid going through training. And I have no plans to die before my oath taking ceremony." He looks offended.

I'm sure my face expressions might be clear that I'm lost because then he continues, "Oh right! My bad I didn't realize that you didn't know about our stuff." He seems like a nice guy. I feel bad about kicking him earlier now. "Oh and by the way my name is Nathaniel a.k.a. Nathan, not Mr. Green eyes?!" his face lits up and he starts laughing lightly which shows a cute dimple on his right cheek.

Good! Now that he's distracted I have to think of a way to escape, I think to myself. I can't see anyone except for Nathan. But I don't know where exactly I am. There's just woods all around us. But I'll take whatever chances I have of escaping. And thank goodness it's not dark yet.

Mom and I left for shopping around two in the afternoon and around four we were at the clothing store. So looking up at the sky I assume it must be close to 7 in the evening as the temperature is getting cold and the sun is setting.

There's a shuffle behind Nathan and suddenly all his goofiness is gone and he's on high alert, his back facing me and his front facing the intruder.

Perfect! While he's distracted I take whatever chances I have of escaping and make a run for it. I open my car door carefully and side step Nathan and sprint as fast as I can.

"Damn it!" I hear Nathan curse and immediately footsteps follow hot on my tail. I was awarded the fastest runner in high school that makes me pretty good at running. But before I can boost up my speed the tree vines start sprouting from the ground and in no time I'm all tangled up in the vines for the second time in one day.

After a second or two Nathan shows up and shouts "thanks brother" in the direction that we ran from then he bends down to even out his breath. Another pair of footsteps echo from behind Nathan and I look around to find that its Mr. hot guy, the one that I thought was a mannequin.

He came up to me and carried me over his shoulder like I'm a potato sack but I am so not taking it anymore. I'm sure that nobody can hear me this deep in the forest so screaming for help is pointless and a waste of my energy.

I may be tied up like a cocoon but I swung my upper body towards his other shoulder from the back this resulted in him losing his balance and we both went down together. He was on top of me and his weight was so crushing that I couldn't breathe properly and black spots threatened to blind my vision. This is the end, I thought to myself. "I love you mom", I mumbled and then darkness consumed me.

---------------------------------------

Hey guys,

IM SO HAPPY!!! IM SO CLOSE TO 50 READS WE JUST 10 MORE READS.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH GUYS

I know it's a very short chapter and I haven't updated recently but trust me I've been really busy this week.

And guess what! My classes are starting this Monday. No more sleeping and lazing around, god I need more time to relax.

So guys what do you think about the 2 boys?

Who are they and what do they want?

And umm I need a favor from you guys. Can you suggest me a really good boy name?

Thanks for reading and don't forget to

Comment

Follow

Vote

Suggest

~ love Katy