Chapter 1

Chapter 1

            “Hold my hand and I will let you know how forever feels like.” I hesitated for a moment before I raised my hand towards him. Our gaze locked upon each other and I can see infinity in his eyes. He reaches for my hand, it’s soft but it feels cold, then he interlaces his fingers into mine. Hand to hand, palm to palm and our eyes into each other, I don’t know how forever feels like but if this is what they call forever then it would be fine for me. We are just few feet away from each other but it seems the distance is nonexistent, as if the space was sucked into a vacuum were both of us only exists. He pulled me closer, feet slowly turning into inches until I could almost hear his breathing. It was heavy but not labored, enough to let you know that he’s alive. My God! He has those nice looking stubble and the curve of his lips are delicately formed. He has those hazelnut brown eyes that reflects a newly plowed earth, his jet black hair falls effortlessly on his forehead which are arranged in a nonchalant way.

            I leaned towards him, “Then kiss me, so you can feel my other side of forever”.Okay those words feel a bit awkward, especially coming from me. I replayed the words in my mind and I am more convinced that is was more flirtatious than awkward. I argued that he was the one who started it. Nevertheless he gave me a wide smile, the kind of smile that would make you feel that heaven is for real, and leaned closer to me. His lips slowly opened and my heart couldn’t beat any faster as he inches closer to me. I’ve never kissed a guy ever in my life! Would I also open my lips slowly as I receive his lips? Or would I tilt my head to the right so that our noses won’t bump into each other? Would I breathe in my nose slowly? If I kiss him, would it be revealed that I have never kissed a guy before? I hope not. Because it would be a major turn off for him? I really don’t know and I guess I will just let things happen!

            His breathing is much heavier now and I am that close that I could smell his perfume. It must be musk I think, the scent taken from the musk pod of the musk deer. Okay let’s try not to think of the that too much as it is already grossing me out. Slowly now we are about to kiss, just try to look calm and get drowned in his eyes… It won’t be that long and hell it won’t be that short either but come on, go for the kill already! I never knew how his lips tastes like…

            “Hey wake up you rathole!” It was my roommate banging at my bunker, apparently he didn’t knew what peaceful cohabitation mean. Not even contended, he vigorously shook my bed until my soul would force itself out from my body.

            “Hey what’s that for?” I spat as I rubbed my eyes. “If you’re still rooting for me to come with you for a jog, drop it. My answer is no.”

            He smiled at me, “But Xav, you’ve been spending your whole time inside our apartment. And to think of it, it’s your midterms last week! Get up already! Even the bedbugs need a quality time of your bed you know.” He sniggered at me as he tore away my pillow and sheets and flanked them on the floor. Those sheets have just been laundered the other day!

            “Get a life” I muttered as my eyes are still half open, his face staring directly at me. I never really notice he has those good looking sideburns. Before I could prolong his stare at him, I mustered enough strength to punch him in the face. It’s not too strong but strong enough to convey him that I am already one hundred percent awake.

            “That’s strong for someone who’s reeking on the bed.” Instead of feeling hurt, he laughed at the idea of it. What a jerk I thought. He is rubbing his cheek which was reddened a little bit.

            It only occurred to me that he is not wearing his jogging pants, instead he was wearing a blue plaid shirt and brown pair of jeans. His hair was parted in a nice way and a very bright smile still unscathed from his face. He’s also wearing my watch!