Chapter 2

I woke up coughing. I was laying on the beach and a parametric was giving me CPR. He said to the others "she's awake, take her to the hospital she lost a lot of blood!!!" They put me in the ambulance and that's all I remember till I blacked out again. I woke up in a hospital bed. A doctor walks in a sits on the edge of the bed. He smiles and says "welcome back" I replied "back??? When did I leave" his smile turned into a serious fave and he said "Maddie, your heart stopped working for 10 seconds, you were dead" I sat there with a loss of words. He smiled again and said "but your back now so everything is fine." I asked what happened and he said "you were hit by a drunk driver and your car went flying off the bridge. "WHAT ABOUT MY FAMILY!!!" The doctors mouth turned down "your the only person that survived..." I broke down right there and started crying. It took me 15 min to stop. Once I was done he said he has to put me up for adoption bc all my other family members were dead. I cried myself to sleep that night. I woke up screaming bc I had a dream about my whole family dying. The nurse ran in asking what was wrong. I told her it was just a bad dream and I was fine. She nodded and walked out. I drifted back to sleep slowly.... I was awoken by the doctor saying that someone had applied for adopting me. I didn't want to live with another family. I was totally aginst it but I didn't have a choice. I was only 15 so I couldn't live on my own. After 2 more days in the hospital I was finally aloud to leave. A doctor drove me home. They told me a car would be here at 1:00 pm tomorrow to pick me up to take me to the air port so I could go with my new family. They told me I could only take 4 suitcases so I went up in the attack and grabbed the 4 biggest ones. I stuffed all my clothes in one bag and it surprising all fit in in one bag. I put my make up, hair things, jewelry, lotion, perfume, and belts in the 2nd bag. In the 3rd bag I put all my trophies and ribbons from dance. I also threw in a few of my stuffed animals that I got when I was born. I the 4th and final bag I put a few pictures in my bag then I grabbed 2 items from each of my sibling rooms to remember them. For Hannah I grabbed her hat that said beach babe on it bc she always wore it, for Mackenzie I grabbed her soccer ball and uniform, for Chloe I grabbed her American bandana she always wore, for carter I grabbed his baseball bat that he hit 6 home runs with. I went down to my parents room and grabbed my moms wedding ring that she didn't wear bc she had a smaller one that wasn't so heavy. I then grabbed my dad's old wedding band that doesn't fit anymore and put them in a ring box to keep. Everything left in his house will be sold and I will get all the money left. I also get all the money in my parents bank account. My dad was the manager of 7 honda stores so we were pretty wealth but i didn't like ppl knowing that. It was 10:00 Pm when I decided to go to bed. This is the last night I get to sleep in MY bed. I drifted asleep dreading what the next day would be like.