Chapter One

Amaris' POV

I stretch across my bed, not wanting to leave it for work but I guess I don't have a choice since it's a hour till my shift starts. I sigh and get up off of my bed and I stare at my messy ass room, I want to clean it but I'm just going to ignore it like I always do because I'm a mess. It's not like I have anyone to please anyways. Hell, even when I did have a boyfriend, anything I ever did couldn't seem to please him, I was never good enough. I never have been good enough.

I walk over to my dresser and I take out my uniform. It's a white button down shirt and black skinny jeans. I put it on along with my black converse. I then walk over to my nightstand and connect my phone to my Bluetooth speaker and I decide to play Movements, I love that band so much. After I do that I walk into my restroom that's connected to my bedroom and I brush out my side shaven hair. It's jet black and about shoulder length, really silky and soft too. Since I'm in here I decide to do some light makeup because you know what, fuck it. I decide to set on for a light Smokey eye and some eyeliner, putting on some setting spray and perfume along with some deodorant.

I walk out of the restroom and into my bedroom and I pause my music, putting my phone inside my black mini backpack, along with my wallet and my headphones and a water bottle, along with a granola bar for my break. I look at my digital alarm clock, it reading 7:30 AM, it signaling that I have about 30 minutes to get to work. I decide it's time for me to start walking to the little café that I call work, it's okay there besides my boss, he's a fucking dickhead.

I make my way downstairs and out of the front door, making sure to lock it behind me. I start walking and little do I know I'll meet a nice man, and little do I also know is that my abusive ex will decide to stop by after months of now showing up~