The confrontation

The Confrontation

I had finally exited my room and sat down on the sofa. I still couldn't bring myself to look at him though.

His phone kept going off, alerting him about a new message. Every time it went off it made me angrier. And everytime he looked at the phone I could hear him gush at whatever that other girl sent to him.

Finally I couldn't take it no more. I snatched his phone out of his hand. It was unlocked and on the message in question. I rushed to stand up and get away from him so that I could read the messages.

Adrienne: Ik I can't come see you but I miss you so much. Why do you have to go so far for work?

I went up to the last message

Baby you'll just have to wait. I love you too.

"Baby?" I yelled at him, "HERE FOR WORK?" I threw his phone back at him. I couldn't read more even if I wanted.

"It's not what you think Tia," he tried.

"Oh? What? You a police now? Undercover?" I sneered at him, "don't fucking try to play me."

"Tia it just happened," he tried again, "you were here I was there I needed more than just text messages and sex once every six months."

I closed my eyes and turned my heas away from his direction, "When did it start?"

"Tia," he tried.

"WHEN DID IT FUCKING START JAMES?"

"Tia I," I cut him off again.

"I need a date James!"

"Baby please," he looked like he was going to start crying any second.

"Unlock your phone," I was getting what I wanted. He picked up the phone but his eyes were still on me begging me to stop. He stood up and made his way over to me.

"Unlock the goddam phone," I had calmed my voice. He let a tear roll down his face. He unlocked it and handed it to me.

Since I knew I couldn't get myself to scroll through the messages I hit the call button and put the phone to my ear. I looked up at his crying face. My stomach was clenching and unclenching. I felt awful. Angry I looked away from James.

One the second ring a woman answered the phone, "hey baby," I felt like I had just been kicked in the stomach several times, "too busy to text?" It was too late to turn back.

"How long have you been with James?" my eyes were on James and now he had a steady stream of tears flowing.

"Almost a year now. Who is this?" I took the phone from my ear and put it on speaker.

"Who am I James?"

"You're my life Tia. I love you, she was just a fling. I'm sorry," he was balling. He had gotten down on his knees and was clinging onto me for dear life.

"James... What's going on is this a prank? Haha," she sounded so unsure.

"How am I your life and you're cheating on me?" I let the tears start rolling down my face again.

"Baby I need you. Only you. Please!" I heard the girl on the phone gasp.

"James what is going on? Who is that girl? Why are you saying that? You're with me."

The last sentence was a statement but it sounded like a question.

"Take your sex everyday out of the six months you leave. I'm leaving," I started to leave but James gripped me tighter to keep from getting to the door.

"Tia please I need you!"

I pushed his phone on his chest, "when I get back I want you gone. Get out of my way."

"James please, talk to me," she was crying now. I wiped the few tears that fell off my face and pushed past James.

Grabbing my keys, I rushed out of the apartment and to my car. I started the ignition. I kept the tears that were threating to spill in. I needed to get away from here.

Before I knew it was at Jang's apartment. I rushed up the stairs and banged on the door.

As soon as he opened the door I let my tears out.

"Tia," Jang said taken back. without another word he hugged me. I hugged his neck and buried my face in his neck.

He picked me up and carried into his apartment. He sat down on his bed and laid back he let me stay there wrapped in his arms and let me cry. He didn't ask me what was wrong. He didn't try to make me calm down, he just let me cry.