Chapter 1: behind the bars

Ever since you ran away from your foster parents, life had become very difficult. If you want to survive, you need to do thing that usually would seem unacceptable and dangerous, like stealing and breaking in, and becoming a criminal. Even though you were one of the most wanted in Star City, you had never killed anyone. You weren't a murderer.

When things got heated, when cops showed, you would flee and leave no evidence behind. People started to call you 'The Shadow'. Maybe it was because you were always disappearing or maybe 'cause no one knew your real name.

Everything was going smooth tonight. You broke into one of the most secure buildings in Star City - Merlyn Global Group. After Malcolm Merlyn disappeared, there was no one to take his place, except for his only son Tommy. You've red all about him, so you knew that after father's death Tommy had started drinking and partying, and spending lots of money. Right now 'Merlyn Global Group' wasn't in anyone's hands which meant - you could easily steal some of Malcolm's valuable artifacts and sell them on the Glades.

After breaking into the vault and successfully taking some of the money and some kind of diamond jewelry, you were heading to the closest exit, when the vigilante decided to show up. Even though you knew you should be running for your life, you weren't exactly scared. You knew the man. The Arrow.

- I don't want to hurt you. Just give me what you've taken and you're free to go! - vigilante said in his changed voice.

- I'm sorry, but I cannot do that! - you said. - I would however appreciate the end of this circus, Arrow. You know how it ended the last time we met.

- What makes you think I didn't go easy on you, Y/N? - he said more softly.

- Oh, I know you did. You let me go right after you put that tracking device on me, Oliver, - you said. - That's how you knew I would be here tonight. Just like I know that your friends are in this building right now. You know, John and Felicity. The real question here is - why did you wanted to catch such a small thief when there's so much more dangerous criminals in this city?

Oliver removed the hood from his eyes.

- I need your help to catch Leonard Snart. I'm sure you're familiar with the name.

You pretended to consider it. Why would you help Oliver Queen and his super secret boy band catch the only person who ever saw you as a friend.

- I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll pass. - you turned on your heel to find another escape but suddenly felt a sharp pain in your shoulder.

In a moment everything went to blur. Oliver looked to you with that 'sorry' look in his eyes. And then sleep took you over.

***

You woke up on a cold ground in some sorta prison cell. You waited a few seconds for room to stop swinging and then looked up. There he was - your step brother - and his best friend. You giggled.

- We both know this prison won't be able hold me and neither will you, - you tried to stand up.

- I know. That's exactly why I'm giving you a chance to prove you're one of the good guys.

Was he serious?

- I have nothing to prove. I will always do what it takes to survive. Even if that means robbing some rich brat and taking some of his money, - you glanced at Tommy Merlyn.

He stepped forward.

- You're right, you know. You are a pathetic little thief and not even the best in this town. So, if you want to spend the rest of your life hiding and being afraid of your own shadow, I say we let you.

Was that supposed to offend you? You smirked and glanced back at Oliver.

- He gets it! - you grinned.

Oh boy, you will enjoy toying with your step brother and his friends. The games are only about to start...