Chapter 2: free again

It's been two days since team 'Arrow' had capture you. However you didn't really feel like a prisoner. You were safe and sound, but so awfully bored. Your only company was Oliver, who brought you food, and sometimes Laurel, who gave you a speech about "good in people" and "a better life".

After the Queens had adopted you, you felt like a part of a family, but soon after the dream started to fade. Oliver and dad disappeared and Thea and mom was worried sick about them. That's when you met Lenny and Lisa. Soon after that you ran away and became one of the Snarts'.

You heard footsteps approaching. It was just probably Oliver or maybe Felicity, who needed something from the basement.

- Hey, - said Tommy. - Oliver's busy, so I decided to bring you something to eat.

You looked at him. When you got adopted and Oliver introduced you to his friends, you liked Thomas immediately. You even developed a little crush on him. It lasted until you understand that Tommy's a 'one-night-stand' kinda guy. 

- If you're here to check if I haven't changed my mind, I have bad news for you, - you finally looked into his eyes - they seemed troubled and almost sad.

- I'm only here to check if you're okay, - he said and you almost believed him, but...

- I'm held prisoner by people who was my family, and they're trying to convince me to betray the only people who ever believed in me, - you said with a flirty smile. - I'm perfect!

- Look, I understand that this may be h...

- No, you don't understand, Tommy. I'm not going to betray Leonard and Lisa. I would never!

He looked into your eyes, and your breath hitched in your throat. You both had so much memories together even though you never supported the way he lived.

He pulled out keys from his jackets' pocket and unlocked the cell. You were taken aback.

- What are you doin'? - you asked him.

- I'm letting you go. Like I said - I understand your will to protect your family.

You gulped and stepped forward. What were you expecting? Him shooting or injecting you? You were a trained criminal, but he possibly didn't even know how to throw a punch.

- Does Oliver know about this? - you asked.

- No one knows, - he said softly. - Just go and don't come back.

You turned to door and put your hand on handle.

- Y/N? - Tommy said quietly, almost like he hoped you don't hear him.

- Mhm?

- I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I shouldn't have called you a pathetic thief. It's just... It was the first time I saw you in a flesh after you abandoned us. I just lost my temper.

- I wasn't offended.

When Tommy looked at you, he saw the 'old you' again - shy and afraid. The one he missed so much.

- Don't worry, pretty boy, - you winked at him and left.

And there it was - the side of you he never got to know. The you who flirted and winked, and smiled.

Both of you hoped that this was the last time you had to face each other. Of course, you both were wrong...