How To Turn a Preppy Girl's World Upside Down

Step 1: You Put Her In Public School

"WHAT?!"

My whole life, I went to private school. Public schools were scary if you asked me. But no, my parents thought I didn't deserve private school and all the money they spent.

"It's not worth it. All you do is get in trouble and get detention, and you barely keep your grades up! It's a waste of our money"

"Barely, but I do!"

My parents just sighed and left the room. That means they've won this argument. 

"And since when do you care about wasting money, you have plenty of it!" I shouted down the hall after them.

So I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Annalise Trenton, I'm sixteen, and I'm a rich spoiled brat. There. I admit it. But on my defense my parents made me that way. They leave me with a credit card, a big house, and disappear for months. I can do anything I want, and that's exactly what I do. But apparently they've received one too many calls about my 'misbehavior' and are putting me in public school. 

I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. I titled my head to the side and studied my uniform. It was quite ugly to say the least. An ugly burgundy blazer, a white dress shirt, a charcoal skirt, with some knee high charcoal socks. As much as I hated that dungeon they called a school, I would miss it and all the things I did. Like showing up late to Calculus everyday, and pissing Mr. Mariana off. Or maybe playing with the chemicals in Chem, and someone having to go into the emergency shower. Okay, that was once, but I swear, it was an accident. It was meant to spill on someone else!

I was snapped out of my little daydream by someone calling my name.

"Annalise! Luna is here!"

Luna is my best friend. We've been best friends for as long as I could remember. We like the same everything: guys, music, boys, you name it, we like it. She was absolutely stunning too. With her long blond hair and baby blue eyes every guy stopped and stared at her. Or maybe it was the fact that she liked to wear revealing clothes.

"Is it true?" she said, throwing herself through my kitchen doorway.

Did I mention she was a wackjob?

"Maybe... Yes..."

"You really slept with Anthony?! How?! Not even I could manage that! And come on, look at me! I'm--"

"Luna what are you talking about?"

"Obviously not the same thing you're talking about." she mumbled, rolling her eyes and plopping herself on the counter.

"Luna!" I shouted at her.

"I heard you managed to sleep with Anthony."

"What? No! I've been home all weekend, grounded. You of all people should know that."

"Oh. Right..." she said, it suddenly dawning on her as she stared intensely at the floor. That only lasted two seconds though, before her head popped up and whipped around to me, all her hair flying with it. "Then what were you talking about...?"

"My parents are putting me in public school."

I honestly thought she was going to pass out, were it not for her scrawny little arms reaching out and grabbing me. "You can't leave me Anna!" she said, using her nickname for me. "What am I without you? It's like... Mr.Potato Head without Mrs.Potato Head!"

"I call dibs on being Mrs..." I mumbled.

"Or-or peanut butter without jelly!"

"Luna..." I sighed.

"Or worst of all, Jack without Alex!" she said, referring to our two favorite band members, Jack and Alex from All Time Low.

"Luna!" I smacked her across the face. "Calm down! It's not the end of the world, we have a couple years for that!" I joked.

"This isn't funny!" she yelled, jumping off the counter and pacing back and forth. Then she suddenly stopped. "Did they tell you what school it was?"

"Uh no actually, not yet."

"Hmm..." she mumbled, twirling around the kitchen, looking for something. When she didn't find what she was looking for, she came over, grabbed my arm and dragged me down the hall. "Come on."

"Where are we going? Luna? What are you up to?"

She stopped outside my parents' office. To be quite honest, I don't go in there often. Was it off limits? Sure. But even as a rebel child, I never went in. It didn't intrigue me enough. Plus I didn't want to screw any of their papers up. Their business (whatever it was, because to be quite honest I couldn't tell you) was responsible for putting money on my credit card, and I did not want to get between that.

I watched her look through the windows on the big white doors. Until finally she spotted what she wanted. She grabbed the big sliding doors, and slid them open with a bang, before walking over to the desk. She picked up a pamphlet, and and sat down in my dad's big black chair. "Bingo." she said, waving it around. "Westbrook."

"What?"

"The school. Westbrook." she said, sitting up and leaning her elbows on the table, opening the paper up and skimming through it. She must've seen a picture of a student cause I heard her mumble "Oh he's cute..."

"Let me see that" I shot at her, pulling it out of her hands and flipping through it myself.

"Don't get sassy with me," she replied, putting her feet up on the desk and licking a lollipop I wasn't aware she had. 

I skimmed through the book to see all different things written here and there. Some things circled, some had a star. I was shocked to say the least. They were serious about this. How long had they been planning this?

A/N:

So ths is basically kind of my first story. Let's see how it works out... feedback is cool. Sorry the first chapter is so short.