t r o u b l e

Chapter 16
Trouble
// a situation that occurs if you do something wrong which will make someone angry //

Portia's POV

It was a week ago when Sam made a scandalous act during the party where Ellen and I, including all highly respected lawyers of the country, were enjoying the night.

A was pulled back to reality when a phone rang. I walk across the room to get the phone sitting on top of my nightstand along with my earrings and the necklace that Ellen gave me.

"Hello," I said on the other line.

"Hey, sister! How are you?" the other line said.

It's my brother. I haven't seen him for years because he needs to go out of town for his project. I don't know what it is but at least, he's working for something. I miss him so much.

"Hey, brother! I am fine, especially now that you called. Years have passed but I haven't received a single call from you. How are you?"

"Well, big brother is about to get married. Remember my fiance?"

Oh shit, he's gonna settle down now? Why now? I haven't seen the lucky woman, yet. We need to have a little bonding before the wedding. Darn it.

"What the hell? Is that the reason why you called? Because you're gonna get married?" I am a bit annoyed and I think he knew it because of the tone of my voice.

"Shh. Calm down yo tits. Portia, I called you because I want you to be part of my special day. I want to see you there smiling at me while I cry like a baby. Come on, sister. Don't be maaaad," he said to calm me down.

I remember our childhood. We are the best sibling ever. We are so close to each other. There are small fights that usually end up with chocolate or ice cream eating. We both like it. We get relaxed when we do it.

"Fine. But we need to have bondings first before that wedding. I will not let that wedding to continue without us filling ourselves with chocolates and ice creams," I told him.

"Alright. You give me the date now because I still need to do different stuff for the wedding," he said.

I lay down on my couch and think of a date where both of us might be free.

"Why not now? I am not that busy. Are you?" I ask him. Maybe I'll just tell Ellen later.

"Nope. Perfect. See you later, li'l sister" he said.

"Hold on. On what place?" I ask before he hung up.

"I'll just fetch you," he said.

Wait a second.

"Wait, you know where my house is?" I asked him.

Then suddenly, a honk for about minute made me jump off the couch. What the fuck?

So I fixed myself and ran across the house. As soon as I open the door, he's already standing in front. Oh, how I miss him!

"Hello, siste–"

I ran towards him before he even finished the sentence.

"I miss you so much," I said while crying.

"Oh come on. I miss you, too. Shut the crap now. Stop crying. Smile." he said while he pulls my cheeks to make me smile.

"It hurts. You're hurting me," I said like a little kid.

"Well, that's part of life. Hop in the car now," he said while he opens the door for me.