Epilogue

I got off of my bed as Twenty Øne Piløts came on my playlist. I grabbed my brush as I pretended it was a microphone and started to dance and prance around.

    I plunged myself back onto my bed out of breath as I grabbed my journal, or what my friends call, my 'diary'.

    I flipped through it until I reached its first page:

August 10th, 2014

    Today was the first day, and honestly I was a little bit glad to be back in school, considering the fact that I missed seeing some of my friends. Though today, someone caught my eye. It was a guy. A guy, of whom I had never seen before. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, and had a wonderful smile. I have him for four of my periods, and I have no idea why I hadn't seen him before. He kept on sitting next to a guy with the same vibrant blue eyes, but this guy had brown hair. Had he been new? Or had I been so blind to have not seen him for the past 3 years? Who knew. Even Madelyn said she had never seen him before, and she knows EVERYONE. There was something about him that I just couldn't put my finger on. I wonder what this school year would bring me.

   I looked blankly at the sheet of paper that had been attached to my journal. It had been five months and, I still hadn't learned his name. The rest of the journals had been about him, with me using his last name since the teacher once called on him to answer a question during chemistry:

November 16th, 2014

Dear Golbach,
   You have no idea the impact you have done to me. I've been drawn to you since the first day of our junior year. There's something about you, Mr.Golbach, that makes me attracted you. Well today, I finally learned your last name, and possibly even heard your voice for the first time. I'm pretty sure you know me by now, Natasha Richardson, since I am your 'best friends' lab partner and since I sit next to him, I expected for him to mention your name somewhere in our conversations we would have in chemistry, but so far he hasn't. Colby hasn't mentioned you at all. He has had to mentioned me to you though, hopefully. If not then that is a bummer, but hopefully we'll have our first conversation soon.

   Even the slightest thought of him makes my heart jump. It's that one feeling that I can't seem to get rid of. I never realized how much one person can change your vision about everything, especially a person you hardly even know:

January 1st, 2015

Dear Golbach,

   It's still winter break, so I haven't really seen you in a while. I still can't stop thinking about you, even if we hardly know each other. Is it your eyes? Your hair? Your smile? Your unknown identity of which, Colby has yet to mention you. He's a really cool person to hang out with, no wonder you two are buddies! I just recently found out he's in band, so does that mean you are too? I'm really jumping into conclusions.

   I let out a hefty sigh as I started at the journal. One thing I do know for sure, is that Mr.Golbach will never see this journal.

New story? - T🌷