Chapter 9(remake)

Okay so there is going to be a few more chapter in the remake then there is in the original, but it's still going to end the same way.

Aphmau POV

I don't know when I fell asleep, but when I woke up this morning it was a genuine surprise to see my sheets  pulled of me. The last thing I remember was crying in Laraunce's arm after what Zane told me.

"My Irene." I rub my hand on my forehead, feeling the tears making their way on my face. Never in a billion did I ever think about getting married. Hell I never even thought about having another boyfriend after Garroth until Laurance came around. 

I get up, freshening up before heading to Laurances room to see if he's awake. Gently, I knock on the door and wait for him to say come in. He doesn't, which is confusing because he always wakes up before me. 

"Laurance, are you up?" I ask, waiting for a reply but again get nothing. I crack the door open, just to see if he's still asleep, but I'm greeted with an empty room. The bed doesn't even look like it's been slept in.

Confused, I make my way outside, hoping that maybe he's out there and that we can talk. Again, I am not met with him, but I am met with an O'khasis guard.

"Lady Aphmau, Zane has asked for your presence. May I escort you." He says. 

"Um can it wait until I can get one of my guards?" I asks, chills running down my spine at the thought of being in a room alone with Zane.

"He asked for you presence now and alone." The guard says harshly, pulling on my arm and dragging me to Zane temporary home. It's early morning, and I know good a well that most of Phoenix Drop is asleep, so I have no witnesses to this to help me.

"Lady Aphmau, what are you doing here." Garroth asks when he sees me. He sees the guards hands in me, "Let go of her, guard. You have no right to put your hands on her." 

"Oh dear brother I gave him the right to do it." I hear Zane say. His presence if ever so dark as he looks at his brother. "I asked for her, and if she tried to say no, I gave him a right to drag her here." Garroth jaw locks in place as he looks at his brother, then at me before putting his head down.

"Now, Lady Aphmau, I'm sure you will want to speak inside." He says gesturing to the inside of his home. The guard roughly pushes me in, and Garroth tries to follow, but Zane stops him. "Only Lady Aphmau." Shutting the door in his face, he turns to me.

"If you are going to asks, I haven't made my mind up yet." I tell him, pulling my arm out the guards hand. I glare Zane down.

"Oh I know." He says, not faltering at my glare. "That's why I have leverage against you." He turns to his guard. "Take her downstairs." Once again I'm dragged by the arm to my next destination. The moment we get down there I gag at the smell of blood. It's dark and there's not much to see. The guard lights a torch, and I scream so loud it surprises me that Garroth didn't run in to check what happened.

"Laurance!" I exclaim, running to his side instantly. he looks absolutely terrible. There are bruises everywhere on his body, and cuts in his skin that bleed onto the floor. His left eye is swollen shut and his lip is split. He looks at me, lovely quickly to put his hand on me cheek.

"Why are you here? Did they hurt you." He says, looking over me as if he wasn't the one I should asking those questions to. 

"Are you serious Laurance? You're the one who has been beaten up and tied down." I say, seeing his hands and legs bound together. I hug him, completely ignoring the blood that would stain my dress.

"I'm sorry." I manage to say before they tear me apart from him.

"The longer you wait the more we hurt him." Zane says He makes it sound like it nothing. I look over at Laurance who's shaking his head in my direction. If he's telling me to say no, then he's willing to be hurt for me? Does he realize this hurts me too?

"You can't do this Zane. It's not right, it's not humane." I rush out, trying to persuade him to see how bad this actually is. 

"Oh I can hurt him as much as I want." He signals his guard, a blank look on his face. The guard nods, lets go off me, and makes a straight line for Laurance. He punches him in the stomach, and then under his jaw, before landing one more on his cheekbone. I rush over to try to stop his, but he elbows me in the stomach, making me double take and collapse to the ground. "He is leverage."

The guard continues to hurt Laurance in any way possible in front of me. Punching, kicking, at one point he even use his sword to put a few more cuts on him. All of the abuse sends me back in time to when my father use to do this to me just for being there. For being alive instead of my mom who he undyingly loved. I don't want Laurance to go through that pain.

"Fine!" I scream, my voice finally coming back to me. "I'll marry you. Just stop hurting him, please." I cry, the tears falling down my face to fast. I could barely see, but despite that my eyes still manage to see his blood clear as day.

"Now, that's exactly what I wanted to hear." Zane says, gesturing for his guard to stop. He gave one last kick before making his way over to Zane. "Don't think its over, my dear fiancé. I have his fate in my hands. Do as I say, and he might just take an easy beatings from now on. now why don't you say goodbye so we can plan our wedding." He heads upstairs with his guard in toe.

I rush over to him and gently put his hand in my lap. He grunts slightly before opening his eyes.

"You didn't have to do that, Aph." He whispers, taking my hand in his. I she my head, letting the tears flow down my face.

"If I didn't, he would have hurt you more." I say, my voice raspy from the crying. "I didn't have a choice Laurance. I didn't want him to hurt you any more." 

"You gave away something that means a lot to you. You gave up something that he doesn't deserve." He says, reaching up to wipe away the tears. "I would've taken any beating if it meant you didn't have to marry someone you don't love." his words ring in my head, and I can't help but feel guilty. It's considerate, don't get me wrong, but its not something I would want to wish on someone.

"Lauranc-" 

"Lady Aphmau, Zane has asked for you presence. You need to finish up your goodbye." The guard says, standing by the stairs. I turn to Laurance looking him in the eyes before smiling.

"I'll try to see you tomorrow." I say, leaning down to kiss his forehead. Before I getting up, I made sure that Laurance be be as comfortable as he could on the ground. Following the guard, I wipe the tears away, unwilling to let Zane know he's got the best of me.

"Well, Sweetheart, are you ready to plan this wedding." I sit down, letting him speak what he wants at the wedding. I would've listened if there wasn't a guard downstairs beating Laurance into an even bloodier mess.

------------------------

God I hate myself sometimes. I don't know why 12 year old me thought that beating up Laurance would be a good idea. And poor App, she's really going through some shit. And Zane, just pure evil (even though I kind of like my cold, calculating and manipulative version of Zane Ro'meave).

Anyway here's another chapter. Don't forget to Like and Follow. Comment what kind of wedding dress you would think Aphmau would look good in. I give a plain description  but its really up to youth imagine what she looks like in this story. 

-Kawaii

P.S not Proofread