prologue

A woman with brilliant white hair and bright blue eyes, slowly walked down a poorly lit street. Her black and gold cloak still as she walked not moving in the fierce winter wind of the night. She calmly walked as her beautiful blue eyes scanned the plain black and brown houses looking for the one with unusual colors that are bright and stand out from the other houses. The house she was looking for had a slightly worn white picket fence, as soon as she saw it she was relieved. The house had bright blue paint, a large garden with vegetables and fruit, and a slightly worn white picket fence.

She walked up to the fence and whispered an incantation "Xekleídoma", and it unlocked and opened without a sound. The woman made her way up to the porch and knocked on the door. A woman peered out the window next to the door and opened the door. "Peggy please take care of her?" the woman asked as she pulled a bronze basket from beneath her cloak. It had delicately crafted golden flowers delicately placed around its exterior. She lifted the blanket from the top of the basket revealing a small child. The child looked nothing like her mother except for her white hair. The woman handed the basket to Peggy and placed a kiss on the child's forehead. After she whispered an incantation "Prostasia" in the child's ear. She put a letter for the girl in the basket so when she turns eleven she would know what's to come in the future.

"Madeleine, be safe and don't do anything to get yourself killed. Please." Madeleine looked at Peggy and let out a small laugh.

"Death finds those who bloom in the dark and try to flourish in the light, my friend. Be safe, protect the child and don't worry about me." Madeleine walked to the gate and closed it. She took out her wand and tapped the fence and said the protection incantation again. She walked down the street she came and vanished into golden smoke, as the night turned to dawn showing the beautiful purples, blues, and yellows of the morning sky.