Little Prince | Five

The more time passed, the more I learned about Taehyung.

For instance, I learned that his favorite book was The Little Prince, that his favorite pastry was macarons, more specifically toffee-flavored, that he was fond of things that were cute and unique, colorful and aesthetically pleasing, that he loved to entertain himself by watching anime and reading manga, and that he believed in there being a rabbit on the moon.

I knew that he slept with the light of his cute little nightstand lamp on while the song, 2!3!, played from his music box, his arms wrapped around his pillow and his legs draped over his tiger plushie because he couldn't sleep without hugging something.

It was a viridescent Saturday morning, and the soft susurration of leaves could be heard as the cool breeze blew over.

"I want you to draw me," he told me.

We were over at my house, in my bedroom. And I looked up from where I was lying on my bed.

His back was to me, gaze fixated on the mirror. A long, see-through cardigan hugged his shoulders, and the back of his thighs were on display.

I smiled. "Really?"

He didn't turn around but his eyes met mine through the mirror. "Yeah."

"Right now?"

He nodded.

"How do you want it?"

There was a glint in his eyes, and he turned around to face me. A hint of pink was sprayed over his cheeks, and there was a certain timidness in his posture.

Slowly, Taehyung let the cardigan fall over his shoulders, landing near his feet, revealing a white cotton blouse and high-wasted denim shorts. My heart skipped a beat, and I watched intently as he pulled the blouse over his head and began unbuttoning his shorts.

My breath caught in my throat, and in the back of my mind, something told me to look away, for the sake of courtesy, but I found myself unable to avert my gaze, hypnotized.

Taehyung slid his shorts down his legs and slipped out of them, leaving him only on a pink lace undergarment with a small bow in the middle. I thought he was going to stop there, and I let my body relax.

But then, he started lowering his panties too.

I gulped.

"Like this," he said, slight uncertainty dripping from the tone of his voice.

I stared, amazed, at him, standing naked before me.

And it was the most glorious, beautiful, and delicate thing I had ever laid my eyes on.

Taehyung's body was fragile and dainty, curvy in just the right places, skin bathed in sunshine, a melange of vermeil honey and brilliant gold. His collarbones were prominent, feminine in a beautiful way, his hips were sensual, and captivating. Waist tiny and slim, long legs smooth and graceful, glowing under the yellow light of the lit lamp perched atop the vanity table.

He was a work of art, mesmerizing and scarred with beautiful imperfections. He was amaranthine, youthful and lovely. A touch of undying starlight and everlasting beauty. So full of grace.

There was no such a thing as minutiae in him. Every single part of him was pulchritudinous.

"Wow," I whispered, "You're perfect."

Taehyung's cheeks turned an even darker shade of pink and he looked down.

I smiled, then leaned over the bed to grab my sketchbook and pencil from the nightstand. I tapped the pencil against my lips. "Do you want to sit, so that--"