7

Song of the Chapter - (Goodbye, Wendy)

Y/n POV

The next day, I woke up early in the morning, but for some reason, I still arrived at school late. Fortunately, the teacher wasn't in my classroom yet when I got there.

I walked to my seat and as soon as I sit down, I rested my head on my table, "good morning, 4D!" Jin greeted me – he was the only one in my class who called me so.

I hummed and waved at him without raising my head to look at Jin.

"The weather is nice today, isn't it?" asked Jin.

I sighed softly and turned my head to face the window – the sky was just as I like it – not too sunny, and not too cloudy. "It is..." I replied to Jin after a while.

"Hey, are you okay?" asked Jin as he shook me.

I looked at him and flashed a small smile, "Yeah, I'm okay," I answered before closing my eyes. "I just don't know if I should be happy or sad," I added.

Jin rested his head on his table, looking at me, "what do you mean?"

"I dreamt of her," I pointed at Chaeyoung.

Jin started to smile after hearing me, "how was the dream? Was it good?" I shook my head in response. "Was it bad?" I shook my head again since I wasn't sure if the dream was supposed to be a good, or bad one.

After a while, our homeroom teacher entered the class, "alright, good morning class."

We answered with no enthusiasm since it was Monday, and everyone was still in their day-off mood. "Come on, guys! I thought you are excited about the camping!" said our teacher as he looked at us.

I raised my head and looked at Jin, shaking him, "we have a camping trip?" I asked, clueless about what Mr Yoo just said to us.

Jin hummed and nodded before raising his head, "it was announced on the second day Chaeyoung got hospitalized," he explained. "Come to think of it," a smile formed on his face, "that was the day you worked your ass off with Chaeyoung and your project too!"

My eyes widen when he mentioned the school project and I quickly covered his mouth, "you don't have to mention the project," I said.

"Why not? Is it because she's watching?" he replied with a muffled voice. I turned to look at Chaeyoung, who was watching us from her seat. I quickly averted my eyes from Mr Yoo before clearing my throat.

"Ignore her. She's probably complaining about how loud we are in her head," I said, nudging Jin's shoulder.

Towards the end of the lesson, Mr Yoo started briefing us about camping. "As I had said last Friday, we will be camping from Tuesday until Friday, or 4 days and 3 nights. So, I would like to advise you to bring a lot of clothes."

One student raised her hand before asking, "what about fees, sir?"

Mr Yoo smiled and clicked his fingers, "that's the best part about this camping. Just like last year," he looked at me, "Y/n's mother was kind enough to take care of everything from our food during the camping, as well as our transportation," he winked.

As the students cheered, I lowered my head before crossing my arms, "that lady..." I sighed. This wasn't the first time she did such things, but every time she did it, I couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

"Hey, you should be grateful, Y/n," said Jin, gently punching my shoulder.

I looked at him and nodded, "I know," I said, smiling.

>>><<<

After school ended for the day, I went home and once I stepped into the hall, I started dragging my bag along the floor.