Saudade

Saudade

Oceana Camilla

A flicker of light peeks on my bedroom window allowing me to engulf consciousness. I sigh and close my eyes again hoping to get my good sleep back but I failed. The sun's vibrant rays sent a glossy, gold sheen luminescence all around the room targeting my face and felling to my tangled crater grey velvet sheets. As I opened my eyes back again, I greeted the day with a brilliant smile. The sound of the rhythmic breeze blending with the falling leaves of autumnal equinox sends a peaceful and blissful atmosphere for the first blush of autumn. 'It's the time of the year again' I whispered mirthfully. Daydreaming, I started to reminisce about the memories I've spent on my grandmother's place, my hometown, Northern Imperial Heights. Those green fields, those colourful domiciles, those pine trees, and those pleasant people in the town. What a priceless beauty of perfection.

"Oceana, breakfast is ready come out of your room now." My momentous reverie was suddenly interrupted when Asha, my best friend chime in knocking my wooden flourished door. "In a minute Ash." I shouted and rapidly rush to the comfort room. Toothbrush, facial wash and a little bit of tinted lip balm for mornings will do. I softly stare at my reflection on the antique mirror my father bought me as a present from Venice. My features change a lot from the way it was. From a midnight obsidian black hair before, my hair is now fully toned platinum blonde hair with soft caramel highlights blending my amber eyes. I've gain a bit of weight too which make my body better than before. 

Imperial Heights is a metro city, a city of dreams and opportunities which sharpens me into a better person that I should be and moving here was the best decision I did. Today marks the first blush of autumn, so as my flight to Northern Imperial Heights to visit my grandmother. Yes, it's been years since I've moved here and it's also been years since I didn't got the chance to visit my hometown because of the melancholic pain I'm bearing. Things transcended too fast so as my heart and I think I am now ready to face reality. To face my nemesis.

Settling up, I decided to wear my nude velvet wrap dress paired with river island cape to furnish my complexion together with a coffee toned Chelsea boots. 'Beautiful' I whispered while putting my nudist lipstick on. After that, I checked everything that needs to be check before my departure and grabbed my rose gold gladiator trolley. Before leaving, I joined Asha for breakfast, we ate Sweet Potatoes and Black Bean Burrito together and bid goodbye after a long conversation. She badly wants to come with me and visit Northern Imperial Heights but she's loaded with tons of paper works at the office. Perks of being a successful writer. 

Three hours have passed and I arrive safely at the North Airfield. I received a call from my brother, Raven saying he's going to fetch me with his new cabriolet and he did. The moment we arrived at home I was surprised by the effort my family exerted for throwing a welcome party for me. Some of my childhood friends are here giving me welcome presents to cherish. The whole house was blasting with delightful happiness. I can see bright lights and radiant smiles everywhere reminding me of hope to be exact. Hoping that this this bunch of euphoric memories and happiness shall devour the crestfallen dimness inside me. I smiled and walked outside as my family and friends share bliss together in our place. I reached the coast of the vast ocean of North Imperial Heights near our residence. The shimmering beam of twilight's vista reminds me of someone who loves it so much that he'd always love to witness the descending sun of flames and schemes illuminating the surface of the endless ocean. How beautiful.

"Falling for the view already?" All of a sudden, I heard a familiar voice sounding not so far from me. A voice that sends creep all over my system. A voice that I've been longing to hear again... 'Polaris' I softly whispered to myself. I turn my back and saw a guy standing before me wearing a taupe sweater and black khaki shorts, barefooted. I felt frozen in a while. It's him. From his narrow oval shaped face and perfect jawline. To his sapphire eyes sitting below his bushy eyebrows that seemed to curve as a natural extension of his nose and those saccharine sweet lips that I used to kiss before. It's him, North Orion Alaister, my first love.