~Chapter 1~ My Cousin Is...Harry Styles?!

Hiya! ^.^ most of you will know me as the author of Cheap Cheerleader Meets Rich Bad Boy :] Yes, this is a One Direction fanfic :) I hope you all enjoy it ;) pic of Meghan on the side :3

Favourite line from this chapter: "I'M HARRY STYLES' COUSIN! HARRY STYLES IS MY COUSIN!" ~Meghan Duke

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~CHAPTER ONE~ Long Lost Cousin!

"You're insecure, 

Don't know what for, 

You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or!" I sung at the top of my lungs.

Two of my best friends Khloe and Audrey were in my room with me and we were singing along with our favourite band, One Direction. My stereo was blaring the five most amazing boys' voices and we were all dancing around my bedroom.

When 'What Makes You Beautiful' was over, I turned down the music and we all sat down on my bed. Gossip time! "My favourite is by far Zayn." Audrey gushed.

Khloe and I giggled. "Like we didn't already know that Aud. What do you take us for, bloody idiots? It's always Zayn this, Zayn that." I pointed out. It might sound rude and mean, but that's just because you're reading it like that. I was actually still giggling when I said that.

"It is not! Sod off Meghan!" Audrey pushed me, but she was blushing and laughing.

"Oh, but it is." Khloe said, wiggling her eyebrows. "Anyways, my favourite is Harry. He's so cute and funny and oh. My. God. His curls are perfection."

"I don't know, Harry isn't my favourite. If I met him he would probably be just like a brother to me or something. But my favourite is Liam." I blushed when I said his name.

We all laughed before deciding to go downstairs to the kitchen to get a few snacks. My mum was sitting at the kitchen table and looking at a bunch of papers, a look of intense concentration on her face. "What is it mum?" I asked, grabbing a bag of crisps from the cupboard.

She looked up. "What? Oh, it's...nothing honey. But can I speak with you when Khloe and Audrey have left?"

"Um...sure mum. We'll be up in my room if you need us."

"Alright."

Once my mates and I were back upstairs and in my bedroom, we sat on my bed and set our snacks down. I had a few bags of crisps, one chicken flavour, one bacon flavour, and one dill flavour, while Khloe had a package of biscuits and Audrey had some drinks. I opened the bag of bacon crisps, my favourite, and handed my friends their favourites; chicken for Audrey and dill for Khloe. After I munched on a few of my crisps, I looked at the girls and I could tell they were thinking the same thing as me. Why was my mum acting so...dodgy? A second after I thought that, Audrey asked, "Meghan, why do you think your mum was acting so odd?"

"I dunno. What do you guys think?" I popped a biscuit into my mouth.

"Well, maybe she has something to say to you about...you know...him?" Khloe inquired.

My eyes prickled. "Please don't bring him up."

Her eyes softened and she leaned over to give me a hug. "I'm sorry Meg."

"It's okay." I smiled halfheartedly.

If you're wondering who we're talking about, 'him' was my father. He left my mum to run off with some thirty year old five years ago, and we had no clue where he was. At the time when he left, I was only twelve years old, and I loved him with all my heart. But that was five years ago. Now I hate him with all my heart...if that makes sense.