Part 2

"It's all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends, and family."

~Philip Green

The cement-like mud caking her feet cracked and chipped away with each gentle shift against rough tree bark. It scratched and tickled but overall felt nice to finally get the coating off. It made feeling surrounding vibrations difficult, and if she were to go into the base, it would no doubt leave a trail as she ran against the cool tile top. She may have a mentality of a seven-year-old at times but she isn't stupid. Barging in without a set in stone plan, the layout of the facility and leaving a trail at the same time was pretty much asking to get caught even if it did take longer for the marine men to figure out she infiltrated. Though, it seemed like her crewmates had the same idea as Robin.

On her venture back up the cliff top not too far from where her, Robin, and Usopp met, she was able to spot Sanji and Luffy in the kitchen and Nami wandering the hallways in a pink uniform, but that's not all she found while climbing, she also spotted Mary being hauled by one of the enemy's ships into what she assumed to be a boat repair dock. That solved one problem and at least three of her friends were alright. For now.

Looking out, the view was incredible. The surrounding water was like a mirror reflecting the brilliant blue sky. There were no clouds in the air but the foam from the wake of passing ships made it seem as such. In a way, how the boats sailed above the ocean sky, it was almost like she were in Skypiea again.

Before them was an aged yet glossy blue marble wall lined with gold weight bearing structures. The marble was carved with inscriptions made of bold lines positioned in exact square grids. Everything was precise and nothing seemed out of place other than the vegetation clinging to the cracks in the gold finish.

Minette and Robin stared up in awe. The young girl went to read aloud the first words when a gentle hand stopped her.

"Stay peaceful, sweet girl. This is something sacred, never to be read aloud or repeated."

"Why... Why can I read it? I don't understand."

"Honestly," Robin chuckled, "I don't quite understand how you remember after such a long time."

"Remember?"

"My teachings... and the reason why the World Government was so keen on breaking us apart." It was silent, both admiring the supposedly mythical blue marble before them, then: "Do you remember what this means?" Robin mover her hand over her face starting at her forehead with an open hand then down to her chin in a delicate fist, her smile light and charming.

Minette mimicked the motion, her muscles seemed to remember and moved with confidence but her memory failed her.

Frustrated, she shook her head and almost started to cry.

Robin kneeled before her, cupping the young girl's face in both hands. "Oh, my dear sweet girl..."

She forced herself out of the memory. She'd rather forget the events that transpired in Skypiea.

Focused once more, Minette looked around, basking in the frightening glory of the marine base. The cliffside she stood on seemed to ring around a middle - probably main - fortress where she saw Luffy, Sanji and Nami. Then, to the east was an opening the leading to the sea for ships to enter and exit freely. That seemed to be the only way they'll get off this overgrown reef, and without shackles. Though, with all the cannons lining the inside of the outer ring, she should also assume they'll be on the outside of the entrance as well. After all, why have all these cannons pointed towards the inside? That'd be a stupid first tactic for defending their fortress. If anything, it had to be a last resort. A base this heavily guarded wouldn't wait to attack once the enemy was already inside, but this only makes things harder. If there are weapons defending against incoming ships, what's stopping them from firing at escaping pirates?