01. bring him back

Hoyeon's POV

That nightmare.

That same nightmare.

The nightmare that haunts me everynight.

Why me? Why did it choose to stay beside me and haunt me?

I'm not the one who's at fault. I was the one with a broken heart.

I rose up from the still empty bed, messing my hair as if trying to remove the nightmare from my mind. Looking around, my bedroom door was open.

I stood up and brushed my hair because when I looked at the mirror, I scared myself with my own reflection. I went down the stairs to see Jihoon and Jisoo talking in the living room.

Jisoo looked at me and stood up. Jihoon must've felt my presence because he also stood up and looked at me. "Are you okay?" Jisoo asked me with a low, worried voice.

I didn't speak and only stayed silent. Jihoon nudged Jisoo and whispered something I couldn't make out. "If you're still not, you can take a few more rest--"

"I-I'm fine." I said. Jisoo and Jihoon looked at me worriedly. Together, they sighed and walked over to me, hugging me between their arms. "I'll visit again, okay? It's in you if you start going to school again." Jisoo tapped my cheek and gave me a small smile.

Not wanting her to worry about me, I smiled back. She bid goodbye to me and my roommate, Jihoon. When she was gone, Jihoon asked me. "Do you want to eat?"

"Water would be fine."

"Hoyeon, you're getting thin." He held my wrist, but I didn't feel his touch. I looked at him with the same soulless eyes he gave me. "I'm going back to bed."

"You just woke up." This time, he glared at me, but I was too numb to even feel it. "You need to fill your stomach with something." He urged.

"Water would fill up my stomach, Jihoon." I said, removing his grip from my wrist. "If you keep on telling me I should fill my stomach with something solid and not liquid, I'm hanging in my room."

"Don't you dare, Hoyeon. Just because Jisung broke up with you?" When I heard him spat out Jisung's name with hatred, my ugly useless dumb self decided to cry. Jihoon's expression suddenly changed into a worried one.

"Why are you crying?" He asked me. I felt myself crouch and hug my knees, burying my face on it. "Hey, Hoyeon, why are you crying?" He asked me once again.

I didn't reply and only sobbed. "I miss him." I repeated again and again. I felt Jihoon get a hold of my shoulders and motioning me to face him. "Hey, look at me."

I shook my head. "I miss him so bad." I muttered. "Hoyeon--"

"Bring him back to me." I said, my voice muffled. I heard Jihoon sigh heavily before speaking. "I'm sorry, Hoyeon but.. I can't. No one can."

•••