22. no tears left to cry

Hoyeon's POV

I admit, Jisung's reply made me blush, but it wasn't enough that I'll take him back. I breathed heavily and sighed. "He was just playing with you again, Hoyeon. He's good at games."

I looked ahead me and saw Jisoo running towards me. "Hoyeon!" She held both of my shoulders. "Did something happen to you? Did Jisung try to do something to you? Tell me!"

"Geez, calm down, Jisoo." I said and placed her arms down. "And how did you know I was with him?" She hugged herself and replied, "I saw Shinhyuk and asked her where you were. She told me Jisung borrowed you for a bit. I searched everywhere! Where were you?"

I scoffed and chuckled. "Really? You looked everywhere? We were just in the AVR." I said. She froze. "The AVR was closed." I nodded. Jisung must've locked it. "Now, answer my questions." She demanded.

"Nothing happened to me. See, I'm perfectly fine and kicking. Aaaanndd.." I paused and tapped my chin, making her impatient every second. "He didn't try to do something to me." I can't tell her that we kissed. She's gonna kill the both of us.

She sighed heavily. "Thank goodness. Let's go home. The rain might pour again today." She said and wrapped her arms around mine before dragging me outside the building. Jihoon was outside, on his phone while laughing.

"Oh, is our brother bear having a girlfriend?" I asked and smirked. Jihoon glared at me. "I'm not texting any girls. I was bored and I don't wanna download games on my phone so Arlo suggested I should install.." He checked his phone.

"Webtoon." I jumped from my place and suddenly ran over to him. "Have you read unOrdinary????" I blinked my eyes many times, hoping it'll work out to say him that he did read. "Yeah, just now." He showed me his phone.

"Seraphinaaaaaa~"

"Damn that hair gel, John." I said and raised my middle finger. "But I still love you." I may look stupid winking on a picture inside one's phone. "Oh no, please do not spoil any scene, neither in Siren's Lament nor in Aerial Magic, especially Let's Play."

"Hmm, okay." I said and pulled his arm then started running. "C'mon! I need to go home and finish the latest chapter of unOrdinary." I added while giggling. "Ciao, Jisoo! Webtooners' gotta hurry!" I heard Jihoon shout to Jisoo.

Jihoon and I arrived at the bus stop. When we stopped at the shade, his phone suddenly rang. He took it from his pocket and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Good aftie, Jihoonie. Mind if I ask you where Jisung is?" The voice from the other line said. I froze when I heard that sweet soothing voice. Jihoon stared at me, wondering if I have to say anything.

"Jihoon?" Jihoon diverted his attention back to the call. "Uh, yeah? Sorry, I got distracted." The girl from the other line laughed. "Is it a girl?"

"What? No! Noonah, I'm not that kind of guy." He pouted and the girl laughed. "Fine, fine. I'll buy that."

"You should buy that. That is true."

"But can I know where Jisung is? Is he with you right now?" Jihoon was a bit hesitant to answer, but I gave him a look to answer her. "I think he's with Jeno and Mark."

"Hmm, he's not with Sooji?"

"Jisoo grounded her for three weeks since she almost slapped me. Not to mention, she 'misbehaved'. That's what Jisoo said." The girl laughed. "I see. Do you know where they are right now?"

"Before I can answer that, can I ask you a question, noonah?" Jihoon asked. "Sure thing, Jihoon."

"What's with all the fuss all about? You're suddenly searching for him. And can't you just call him?" The girl on the other line sighed. "Mom and Dad invited us for dinner tonight but unfortunately, he turned off his god damn phone and I can't contact him. I'm just asking you where he is."

"Oh, okay. I really don't know where they are." Jihoon said truthfully and bit his lip. "I see.." The girl replied and there was silence in the three of us. "Do you still have questions about Jisung's whereabouts, noonah?"

"Jihoon, can I.. speak to Hoyeon?" I paused again. How did she know I was beside Jihoon all the time and listening to their conversation? I never said a word since she started the call.

"How did you know she was here with me?" Jihoon asked. Minsung unnie chuckled. "I just know it. I know Hoyeon too well, Jihoon. Now, if I may speak with her." Jihoon raised a brow, indicating if it's fine with me to speak with Minsung unnie.

I nodded. Jihoon handed me the phone and I leaned it on my ear. "Minsung unnie?" Jihoon took my arm and dragged me inside the bus swiftly. He searched for a seat and the both of us occupied it.

"Hoyeon." I felt her smile from the other line. "I miss you so much." My tears want to fall, but I held it back. "Me too, unnie."

"Can't you come and visit me?"

"I-I'm sorry. I can't."

"Is it because of Jisung why you don't wanna visit me anymore?"

"It may be like that, but if you're doubting, I have no plans on having a reven--"

"I know that you're not that kind of person, Hoyeon. You are way too kind to the point you became naïve about everything."

"Unnie, that was a long time ago. I would like it if you drop the past topic off." I said, my voice turning serious. "Oh. I'm sorry if I brought that up."

"It's okay." Silence. After a good minute, Minsung unnie replied. "Hoyeon, my brother never deserved you. Girls like you are rare nowadays, and I cannot believe he just let you go like that. You're supposed to be taken care of and loved, not hurt."

I stayed silent. Hearing her voice is like I've been reunited with a guardian angel, but only a sister of a demon. "Did you regret anything from the past?"

"I just want to tell my past self I was stupid enough not to believe Youngli and Jumyeong's warnings." I muttered, but I know she can hear me.

I heard her sigh. "It must've been hard to move on from him, sweetie. Especially that you loved him like that."

"It was hard but I managed."

"On behalf of him, I'm sorry for all the tears you have to shed because of being hurt. I'm sorry that he made you cry and to feel like you're worthless. I'm sorry if you had to suffer day by day to realize he don't love you anymore." She stopped, and thankfully, she did.

"Unnie.." I called her. "You don't need to be sorry. I need to hear it from he himself. And besides.." I felt my eyes blank and lifeless.

"I've got no tears left to cry."

•••