Episode 7

XIAO MAN crouches over in pain, in the middle of the meeting.

WOLF

Dear, are you okay?

EN QI

姐, are you okay?

XIAO MAN

I'm fine. [grits teeth before another wave of pain comes over]

ZHI YUN

Ma'am, you don't look fine

XIAO MAN

Continue, I'm fine [rests head on the table]

EN QI

姐, go rest. The rest of you guys, take five.

XIAO MAN stands up and walks out, her face pale. When she exits the meeting room, she stops in her tracks and makes a dash towards the direction of the toilet.

EN QI and the MAJOR CRIME DIVISION TEAM stare at her, unsure of what is going on.

EN QI

I don't think she's fine. 姐夫, aren't you going to check on her?

WOLF

It's fine, this has happened a lot these few days.

EN QI

I smell something.

WOLF

That's my line! There's something fishy about her lately though.

EN QI

姐夫,I'll give you and my 姐 leave today. Go check what's up with her.

WOLF

Yes Ma'am [salutes and walks out of the room]

EN QI

Let's continue. The first victim from last week is Teresa Wong Sze Ching. Both Teresa and Michelle worked at the same cafe in Geylang.

ZHI YUN

Name of cafe?

MING WEI

Gayanne's cafe

EN QI

8 days ago Teresa was poisoned. 4 days ago Michelle was poisoned. So the killer strikes every 4 days. Our first suspect should be Raeanne, the boss of Gayanne cafe.

BAO LUN

But how are we going to catch the culprit? The culprit is still at stake and anyone is going to be harmed today.

VOICE

Use a bait to catch the culprit.

EN QI

Calvert! Did Wolf send you?

CALVERT

Nothing gets past your eyes. We need a bait, someone who is preferably around 168cm. Like you En Qi, you're 168cm.

EN QI

You want me to be your bait? No problem. Let's go.

Without another word, the team left the meeting room and started their operation.

CALVERT

Ma'am, you sure you'll be the bait?

EN QI

I'll be fine. You're starting to sound like my 哥. Anyways, when we get to Gayanne's cafe, we'll proceed in pairs.Bao Lun and Ming Wei you guys take the front door,Calvert and Zhi Yun you take the back door from the alley. I will enter and try to hook the boss.

MAJOR CRIME DIVISION

Yes Ma'am

EN QI and her team strut into the cafe and get themselves into positions. BAO LUN and MING WEI get seated at a table and get themselves on task. CALVERT and ZHI YUN walk out from the back and seat near the bar counter. EN QI picks the sofa, the usual spot the victims seat. She picked up a magazine with DESMOND TAN on the cover and started flipping through the magazine, occasionally glancing at RAEANNE, who was busy talking to one of her staff. As expected, RAEANNE notices EN QI seating at the sofa and smiles to herself. RAEANNE walks over.

RAEANNE

Hi miss, are you here alone? Would you like me to get you a drink?

EN QI

Yes, and sure, I wouldn't mind a drink. I'm Lauren by the way.[offers hand to RAEANNE]

RAEANNE

What would you like? Anything?

EN QI nods and returns her gaze to the magazine. At the same times, she reaches into her bag, drawing out chromatography paper.She glances at her team, and CALVERT gives her a nod.RAEANNE arrives again shortly, placing a margarita on the table. EN QI excuses herself to the toilet and the team watches RAEANNE's movements. EN QI peeps out from the toilet and watches as her team looks at RAEANNE. RAEANNE takes out a packet of dyed pink powder from her pocket.She smiles to herself before slowly opening the packet of what EN QI suspects is Methamphetamine.Smiling, RAEANNE pours the powder into the drink and stirs it nicely so the powder dissolves and the liquid still looks the same. EN QI walks back to her seat afterwards. CALVERT walks over to her shortly later.

CALVERT
Darling, have you been waiting long? I'm sorry I'm late.

EN QI

Not long, have a drink.

When RAEANNE has her back turned, CALVERT and EN QI draw a sample of the drink with the powder for testing. CALVERT drips a drop of the liquid onto a chromatography paper and places the bottom in a cup of distilled water.

CALVERT

Positive [shows EN QI the paper]

EN QI

Sweet

RAEANNE turns her attention to MING WEI and BAO LUN. Meanwhile, ZHI YUN walks up behind RAEANNE.RAEANNE spins around and catches ZHI YUN holding a pair of handcuffs.

RAEANNE

So I presume you are here to solve a case. If you would like, bring me back to the station for questioning, I'm innocent.

EN QI

I don't mind. After All, if you deny murder, we can still charge you for having drugs.

RAEANNE takes out a knife from her pocket somehow it gets past EN QI's eyes. She takes the knife and stabs it in the direction of EN QI