Flower lover

"Ash! Zain is going to be here any minute! Get you butt down here!"

God I hate her voice! It's like nails scratching a chalk board. Thank god Zain and I are going to another state without her or his mom. I actually think his mom is worse. I couldn't handle both of them at the same time, I can barley handle one.

I look around my room for the last time to make sure I have everything. Yep, got everything. I grab the last box and walk out of my room, down the stairs, out of the house, and in my driveway to wait for Zain. I hope he gets here soon, I don't want to wait around for mother to come outside and talk anymore than she has today.

And just like he heard my desperate cries for help, I hear a very familiar honk and I'm in gear to put boxes in the car. But right before I can grab the first box I hear the screen door screech open. I'm fucked.

"Oh, hi Zain! See Ash! I told you he'll be here any second!" GOD! How much I hate that voice!

"Mom, I already knew he was coming. You didn't have to remind me." I say as calmly as I can.

"Hi Mrs.Red. How are you doing?" I turn to see Zain on the driver side of his car with the passenger seat window down. Now that is a voice I can actually live with.

"Oh, I'm doing good Zain. Thank you for asking." She shoots me one of her famous 'why can't you be nice like him!?' looks. Kill me now.

"Mother did you come out here to help us with the boxes, or to make small talk?"

She gives me a glare and I know I'm winning. I hear the trunk of the car open and start picking up boxes.