Fresh off the boat.

Nikolai drove madly along FDR Drive, beeping his horn, hoping people would get out of his way. It worked. Cars swerved out of the way of this madman, thundering down New York’s biggest road. Nikolai was on his way to the Pegrelli mob base on Roosevelt Island.

 His son, Piotr, had been taken hostage by the mob because Nikolai and his red army friend, Leonid, had stepped into mafia territory with their drugs and arms dealing. Piotr was only fifteen but was old enough for the mob to give a damn about him. Nikolai and Piotr were known to do their dirty dealings alongside each other and this had forged a strong bond between the two.

Nikolai got home earlier to find his son absent from the house. He instantly dialed Leonid on his battered brick of a phone to see if he was at the car lot. No reply. As soon as he put his phone back in his pocket it bleeped. It was a text message from Ray Pegrelli that read:

                        If you ever want

                        to see your son

                        again, come

                        meet me at our

                        depot. You know

                        where it is.

After the text message he included a picture of a bloodied Piotr, sitting in a chair with a gag in his mouth and a gun to his head.

Where most men would have slumped down and threw away all hope with both hands, Nikolai brimmed with red hot fury. He grabbed his jacket and car keys and called Leonid. “Leonid, get your ass out of that seat and be ready and standing outside the car lot in 5 minutes”, Nikolai said into the receiver, fear etched into every word. “Why, what’s happ_”, Leonid was cut short because Nikolai hung up. Nikolai practically vaulted the stairs down his apartment block in Lower Manhattan and jumped into his range rover. He belted the short distance from his apartment on Rutger Street to Leonid’s car lot on Forsyth Street. As soon as he turned the corner onto Forsyth, he saw Leonid, ready and waiting. Such a faithful friend. “Jump in, Piotr’s in trouble!”, Nikolai shouted out of the open window. Leonid raced round the car and threw himself in the passenger side door. “What is happening my friend, you said something was happening with Piotr?”, Leonid asked. By this point they were already halfway down Forsyth heading towards the FDR Drive. “The Pegrellis have taken Piotr and I have no idea why, he is in their office on Roosevelt Island. We have to find him otherwise my life is done, done”, Nikolai said, close to tears. “Do not worry friend”, Leonid said. “We shall find him, and we shall keep him safe and out of harm’s way”.

10 minutes later

The car pulled up to the Pegrelli depot and Nikolai instantly knew something was wrong. For starters there were no other cars in the small parking lot and there were rubber marks at the entrance where somebody had done a handbrake turn. The door was flung open and there were bloody handprints all over the handle. Nikolai and Leonid both received a text from Ray with only one word.

                                    Whoops!

            They rushed to the back of the office where there was a very dirty white, stained red almost, curtain up. The office itself was immaculate. They turned the curtain and saw Piotr. “Piotr!”, Nikolai exclaimed. No response. Leonid shook Piotr. No response. They checked for a pulse in his wrist and his neck. No pulse. Piotr is dead. Nikolai broke down into tears and collapsed into a pool of his owns son’s blood. Leonid lifted the boy’s shirt and saw the bullet hole. At least it was quick he thought. Through the sobs Nikolai managed to say “I will find the men who did this, even if I die trying”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:  Ooh drama and some sadness. This is my first work on wattpad and i need Feedback please. this was only the prologue so stay tuned. i will try to update every three days if not sooner. thanks very much for reading, if you want to get in touch with me privately hit me up on twitter   @Jack_vPro

Bye bye :)