Yaoyorozu x Reader - Honesty

This one is good I think!!

The new, young Pro-Hero Creati had been rising quickly through Hero ranks ever since her debut five months ago. Already after catching many high profile villains, and willingness to work with anyone on scene, friendly nature, quick thinking and useful quirk made her a must at most situations.

It was only recently she caught a villain high up in the league of villains, with useful information on whereabouts and plans of the L.O.V.

When they told her they were bringing in a criminal psychologist and interrogator she really couldn't see the need. Why couldn't she just grill the villain herself? It would probably be faster than any police tactics they had in mind but before she could object the woman was already on her way.

Finally, after what seemed like forever a police officer appeared with a young woman in tow. "This is (Name) (Last Name), she is the leading criminal psychologist this half of Japan and her interrogations have a success rate of 100%."

Yaoyorozu stood up and bowed, "Nice to meet you. My name is Creati." She raised her head and sat back down, pulling out the chair from under the desk beside her so the girl could sit down.

"Hello. My quirk is Truth serum, I can release a scent from my body and anyone who inhales it will be forced to answer any direct question they're asked for the next twelve hours. I already know your quirk so there's no need to tell me." She smiled.

"You can leave the room if you'd like. You'll get the effects of it if you breathe it in." Yaoyorozu smiled and shook her head, "I don't have a problem with being truthful with others, thank you." The (Hair Colour) sighed. "Fine. Don't blame me if you say something you don't want to."

An odd white gas began to seep from (Name) as she activated her quirk. "Smells sweet." Whispered Momo under her breath. "Like vanilla."

The villain in front of them apparently felt the effect of the quirk too as he perked up. He realised there was nothing he could really do in the moment.

And so the questioning went smoothly.

Momo would be lying if she said she wasn't sad that it was over. The cool and easy way (Name) handled situations was somewhat reassuring. Although knowing you couldn't lie to her was a little bit scary. Someone you couldn't hide anything from.

Over the next few months whenever Momo needed a villain questioned she'd call for (Name's) expertise. They were now on a last name basis and had each other's personal phone numbers in case Momo needed to get in touch with (Name) quickly, and a lot of plans of the L.O.V were stopped and many high profile villains were captured on almost a weekly basis thanks to the help of (Name's) quirk.

Momo was grateful. Grateful that people were saved. Grateful that crime rates were dropping drastically. Although every time she finished working with (Name) on a villain and the women had to go she'd always felt sad. Did she know it wasn't a goodbye forever? Yes. Did she know that she'd probably be seeing her next week to find out more information on organised crime? Yes.

But considering Momo didn't just want to talk about work with the (Hair Colour) it really wasn't enough. She wanted to find out more about the illusive girl. What kind of food did she like? Did she prefer coffee or tea? Was she single?

Two months after meeting her, Momo realised she was getting far too invested in the psychologist. She'd think about her all day and every time she tried to change her train of thought in another direction but it always came back to her.

Of course, she could hardly confess. They had a purely professional relationship. But every time Momo saw her she couldn't help wondering how soft her hands were. How smooth her hair was. What her lips felt like. Was it okay to think of a colleague this way? In Momo's head, it most definitely wasn't. Mixing work and pleasure was basically asking for a disaster.

But Momo couldn't help herself. As it was the only thing she looked forward to was going to drinking tea and seeing (Name). So she decided the only way to get these thoughts out of her head was to confess.

After interrogating another villain Momo asked (Name) to meet her on the roof of the police building. And before she knew it there she was on the roof with the girl of her dreams standing in front of her.

"What did you need, Yaoyorozu?"

Momo couldn't stop he heart from beating. She was sure it didn't beat this much even during a villain attack.

"I-" Momo paused. "No, I'm sorry. It doesn't matter."

Momo turned away before smelling that familiar vanilla scent she'd grown used to during the past few months. Momo whipped around and stared at the girl who had began making her way towards the pro hero.

"Momo, what were you about to ask me?"

Momo tried to stop herself. Covering her mouth as it moved and her words came out muffled. (Name), now in front of her took her hands away from her mouth. "What did you say?" Momo couldn't stop herself.

"Are you single?"

She closed her eyes, expecting to be shunned by the girl. Of course she'd realise Momo liked her now.

"Uh, yeah? Why?"

She couldn't stop herself. It was a direct question and she couldn't stop herself from answering.

"I really like you."

Her eyes went wide as she slapped her hands over her mouth again. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to say that." Momo felt tears prick her eyes. She'd really done it this time. Possibly the first person she'd ever liked that didn't just seem like a fling probably thought she was weird now.

"Really?"

Momo could just nod her head. The (Hair Colour) bent down to her. "I didn't tell you this but when I use my quirk the gas affects me too. Ask me who I like."

Momo let a tear or two slip. "Who do you like?"

"You."

And Momo felt lips on hers. Hands at the side of her head. Her eyes going wide as she was kissed by the person she'd dreamed of for months.

So, instead of messing this up too, she closed her eyes, wrapped her hands around (Name's) waist and pulled her closer.