Chapter 4: Wait? What!

I point directly at him, she looks at where he is and squints. As this was happening Mike looked enraged and then smirked at her.

"Wait, you can't see him."

She shakes her head indicating that she does not.

"Obviously you need some help," she says backing away slowly.

"N-no, it's just that I--," I stop myself in the middle of my sentence due to her cutting me off.

"Let me tell you something, there is somethings in this world that we call normal and others we call abnormal. You, my friend, are neither," she says while looking me directly in my eyes.

I noticed for a maybe even a half a second that she seemed afraid, petrified, and maybe even terrified...for just a second though.

"Oh shit, I forgot" she exclaimed as she ran off back into the school seaming concerned.

================================

Then I remembered Mike...

I saw him standing looking down at the pavement as he looked agitated. He looked so sad, he almost started to cry. Then he looked up at me and his frown turned into a smile as he said "I guess you know now that I was not lying."

I TRIED to crack a smile or a grin but what ever I put on my face just felt fake and half-hearted. So I just nodded and agreed.

"So what was you going to ask before she showed up." He snapped

"Oh, yeah...um"

"You forgot didn't you." He said with a blank stare.

"Yeah, I'll remember it later."

As I tried to recollect what just happened I pondered I wondered new thoughts Contemplate my mind. 'Does Mike know Erica?',' Does Erica know what is happening?',' Maybe and just maybe this is all a horrible nighmare?'I break away from my thoughts as I heard

"Dude, your mumbling to yourself again."

"Oh sorry, I guess it's become a force of habit now-a-days."