Chapter 15

I woke up ready to go home, and see my parents and Lucas. I wondered if Lucas would still love me the way he used to because I haven't been with him for over eight months. I opened the door quietly trying not to wake Rose, and walked into the kitchen where Brad was making coffee.

He walked over to me slowly handing me a cup and asked,"Are you ready to finally be able to go see your parents?"

I replied,"as ready as I'll ever be."

About fifteen minutes later...

As I changed into new clothes, Rose walked in the bathroom with a huge smile on her face. I asked,"Are you ready to go home?"

She screamed,"I can't be more ready!"

I walked over to her, and hugged her while saying,"me too."

When we finally walked out of our room Brad put a smile on his face, and told us,"Your flight is in about ten minutes, so we better get going."

We replied,"Ok let's go!"

As soon as we got to the airport my parents were sitting in one of the seats looking at the ground. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me straight into my mothers arms. My father was the next victim of my hugging, and then I introduced them to Rose.

They hugged her, and then asked if her parents were coming. She replied,"No m'am I don't know where my parents are since I was in the foster care program."

My mother replied,"Well sweet heart we can talk about you moving in with us if you want, but there's no rush.

She replied,"thank you."

I then hugged my parents one more time, and introduced them to brad who was standing there patiently waiting.

They shook his hand, and thanked him for taking care of me. I hugged him then said,"Thank you for taking us in and going to the police with us." Rose hugged him then thanked him too.

We all went to catch the plane after that.

About 10 hours later...

We arrived at the airport, and I walked down the stairs hoping to see Lucas.

Then I turned around the corner, and to my surprise there he was with my favorite flowers standing with the biggest smile. I sped into his arms, and for the first time in months I felt safe.

We stood there for five minutes until he pulled me to his face,and laid the gentlest kiss on me. I then hugged him again, and introduced him to Rose.

We all went home, and my mom made her famous homemade roast, while Lucas and I went upstairs to talk.

He asked me to tell him all about what happened, but it just didn't feel comfortable telling him everything, so I just said,"Not right now but maybe later."

After the silence passed, I crawled into his arms and whispered,"We could watch a movie if you want."

He replied,"Let me guess (how to lose a guy in ten days)"

I replied back,"Aww you still remember."

He whispered back,"I could never forget you or the dumb movie."

I just looked at him, then kissed his forehead. He just smiled and rolled his eyes. Then we sat there hugging until my mom called us downstairs for dinner.

We walked down the stairs watching her and Rose set the plates out, I had never seen my mom so happy in a long time.

We all sat around the fireplace after that, and told stories.