Nightmares

It was the middle of the night, where Hoshido had been covered in a blanket of darkness with shining stars.

It was peaceful.

Stars, shining as bright as the moon, each promising a future. A happy future. A gentle breeze lingered outside, making the leaves rustle slightly.
The river, swaying marvelously down and down, to the endless ocean.

It was a peaceful night.

However, on nights like these, people embraced by slumber, have terrible dreams. The one thing you can't control. The one thing, that when you wake up, you're afraid.

You're afraid.

You can't fall asleep after that. It hurts.

It hurts.

People say that sometimes others would like to communicate with you through dreams. For example, somebody who left this world a long time ago. However, is it always a good thing?

Maybe it's just pure coincidence? A normal dream, and that's it...?

However, some would be happy to receive a sign from anyone that is not to be seen again. They would be grateful, thankful, even if it was something bad.

This would happen to Prince Takumi.
Another one of those dreams, where his mother would try to communicate with him.

He hated it.

At first, however, Takumi was overflown with joy when he saw his mother in the land of dreams. On the first night when it happened, he had almost been shedding tears of happiness. Though, when it started to repeat, Takumi was overtaken by fear.

Fear. One of the worst feelings.

Prince Takumi would often have nightmares of his mother. His mother, saying she doesn't love him. Never have. That she is glad she is dead, so she wouldn't have to look at her son, which was a disgrace and disappointment to her.

Like any other human being, Takumi was upset. Upset that his own mother would think of him as a disgrace. He didn't know what to do.

Takumi's POV

It happened again. I thought maybe this one night would be peaceful for me. I was wrong. Am I really a disgrace and a disappointment? I definitely do feel like one. I feel like a disgrace for being scared. I feel like a disappointment for not being able to defeat fear. People like me cannot be scared! What will others think of me? My siblings? What if they think I'm weak?

Will they abandon me, because I'm weak?

I didn't have any nightmares about my father - yet. I'm afraid what it will be when the time comes.

...

It's the middle of the night, and I probably won't be able to fall asleep, so... I'll probably go on the balcony. I've got nothing better to do.

I go on the balcony. A gentle breeze hits my skin. It calms me down. This makes my outfit and my hair sway. I place my elbows on the railing, so that my upper part of the body leans on the railing. I close my eyes. It's so peaceful...

And then I saw him.

...

Hello there! Mod Leokumi here! :)
This is my first story, and please note, I have not played any of the Fire Emblem games, so this is just an average story :p Thank you so
much for reading my story.

Stay tuned, and thanks a lot again!

*Please note that this was made by Mod Leokumi, as there are 3 mods on this account. Thank you!*