Fly to Paris

That one perfect shot. Oh! What would I do to feel the beauty, the essence of that place and feel the Snap! of the camera. That after feeling of clicking that perfect shot is amazing and it'd be doubled if you'd clicked it at the perfect place. Paris, for instance.

I had always dreamed of Paris since my mother died 2 years ago which caused me to go into depression. In case anybody wonders, never have I ever caused myself bodily harm. Emotionally, I've hurt myself more than I could ever think of 2 years ago.

My mother's words before a month she died had caused me to start believing in myself, in my dreams and the biggest would be to work in Paris.

Paris is special to me because my mother begged me once when she discovered her disease, "Paris was where it all started, for good. I will always regret of my decision to settle down here and not there. Promise me, you'll visit Paris and if it works out and you find the necessities of life you'll settle there. Never look back. Because you're my brave girl. Always work for your dreams." She said it with such desperation that it became the goal of my life. To find what such magic Paris had to my mother an also because it was where the best shots could be taken.

My life didn't go downhill since my mother's death but it wasn't quite pleasant as well. My father was always there for me, always will be.

He took his wife's death easy because of me, he knew how much I was hurt and he had to be strong in order for me to not be weak. I see how that worked. I'm not saying it was wrong but whatever he did it wasn't enough, enough to make me stronger and face mum's death.

She was so beautiful, so humble, she was an angel and I'm glad I had the opportunity to be her daughter. An angel's daughter. She painted. I still have some of her paintings, others are with my dad.

That is why she was so keen on Paris, because she painted and knew what Paris could offer.

"Colette!"

The muffles sound tells me it's my granny visiting me again. I couldn't have been happier. The lady always brightened me up.

I jog downstairs and jump a little as she extends her arms for me to hug her. Her cologne is just like mom, the sweet honey and apple smell. She even looked so much like ma.

Of course, my grandma would look like my mother, she was her mother.

"Gran!" as I hug her with both of my arms testing on her back she manages a chuckle.

"I see someone's been impatient to see her old girl."

"Who's old?"

At this her hearty chuckles warm me up inside. My mother even had the same chuckling sound.

"Linda! Ahh.. I see you've missed your granddaughter so much that you forgot me!" my father sets the plates on the dining table and glances at her just once with a playful smirk.

"Ron! How could I forget about my favourite son in law?"

It's nice to see how my father and gran get along and it's fair to say my mother's death has brought them closer.

"Honey, it's your birthday. Demand us for a gift." Dad says with desperation in his voice which causes me to stifle a laugh.

"What could I ask for dad? I've got you and gran."

Unless of course he could present me with a ticket to fly to Paris.

"You sure there's nothing?"

I tap my finger on my chin and shake my head.

"It's the beginning of summer, don't have anywhere you wanna go?"

It did strike me once. Was he talking about Paris? No!

"Dad tell me please."

"Wait! I will tell you. Ron, if you don't mind."Gran speaks up. Something is definitely going on.

Father takes out an envelope and hands it over to gran. Her grin stretches to her eats. I bet mine does too.

" Here." she hands me the envelope and waits for me to open it.

I could've fainted right then and there but the excitement overtook and I lost track of the time I stood there staring at it.

"Fly to Paris for the summer."