Chapter 3: Firekit's POV

Firekit woke up to the sound of mewling kits. She stood and looked over at Birdflight's nest to see 3 squealing kits. One was tabby, one was a cream coloured she and the last was a black she with stunning blue eyes. The tabby tom was already trying to stand up! Firekit smiled at him.

She poked Dasiykit before pawing her mother. Mooncall woke almost immediately. "Yes dear?" "Can me and Daisykit go out?" Their mother sighed. "I guess but DONT wake anycat up." Firekit nodded and prodded Dasiykit again with her paw.

Daisykit squeaked and rolled over.

Firekit nipped her sister's hind leg and ran.

Daisykit bolted after Firekit. She jumped onto her and pinned her down, panting.

Suddenly she let go of Firekit's body and ran away. Firekit looked to where she was running, the Great Rock. She looked up to the too to see a dark gray figure standing on the rock. The wind swept across the rock and Gorsestar's fur and he yowled:

"Every cat old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the Great Rock for a clan meeting."

Tons of cats suddenly poured out of their dens and holes. There were so many shades of colors and and shapes! And they were all so BIG! Firekit and Daisykit gasped. All the cats sat around the new kits and waited for their leader to speak. Firekit glanced at the nursery to see the tabby tom tumble out.

"I believe that there are two things to be done today." He motioned to two cats standing beside each-other. They stepped into the light.

It was Lightpaw and Oakpaw.

Firekit and Dasiykit gasped and looked at eachother.

Dun dun duuunnnn