Love Maze

'Cause I'll be in Love Maze.

You wrapped your arms around his form, enjoying the warmth he radiated as you felt his arms wrap around you. "Thank you so much. I'm really bad with words so I hope this can be counted as a token of gratitude." You chuckle at your own words and he laughs along with you, tightening his grip. "You don't need to thank me, that's what I'm here for." You look up at him, only to be greeted with a wide smile as his eyes turned into cute little crescents. Your own smile forms, and you both let go.

"Same guy again?"

You nod tiredly, messy hair flopping onto your face in the process as you shifted your body to face your closest friend, Jinri.

"I always end up waking up feeling like there's something missing and it's driving me insane!" You said, tugging onto the ends of your hair in frustration and Jinri watches you with sympathy coated on her face.

"I don't really know how you feel but I'm sure it's gonna be okay, maybe you've finally found your soulmate?" Jinri says, a warm smile spreading on her face as she pats your back comfortingly.

You shake your head, "I didn't even technically 'find' him, I still have no idea what's going on. Is this how it felt when you found your soulmate?"

Jinri laughs and this time, she shakes her head. "Well, I didn't dream of him continuously like you did, you know how it works."

And you did know how it worked.

Soulmates were a common thing in your world. Everyone was destined to have a soulmate, and the only indicator was your hearts.

Yes, the heart.

As soon as you would make eye contact with your soulmate, your hearts would glow so brightly, so beautifully, and it was the universe's way of telling you that you'll never have to be alone again, because you've found your counterpart. It didn't have to be a lover, it could just be a friend, or family. It could be at any age, from right when you were born, or right before you took your last breath. The possibilities were endless.

And although that excited you, it frightened you at the same time. Because, who were you waiting for? What exactly are you waiting for? Comfort, friendship, love?

Now, your original problem was, you kept dreaming of someone that you didn't know, or you think you didn't... You could never see their face, and every time you tried to remember, all you'd see were a mixture of colorful blurs blending together, and you would wake up feeling like something was missing, like something was wrong.

"Maybe if you describe something about him that you do remember, then you'll remember who he is?" Jinri suggests and you immediately cross your arms, shaking your head in protest.

"I-I don't wanna!" You stutter, gulping as your gaze shifted to the window of your room, where a bunch of children were running around, playing with the freshly fallen snow.

"Hmm, why not?"

"It's just... It's really weird, I'm not sure if I really want to know..." You mumble. Although you were really curious and tired of questioning what you were missing, you just weren't ready to know.

Jinri sighs, not knowing what else to say, she whips out her phone and checks the time. "Well, anyways, it's time for me to go to Wonho, don't think about it too much." She says as she gets up from your bed.

You nod, not taking your eyes off the window, "I mean it, Y/N. Call me if you need anything." Was the last thing Jinri says before she walks out of your house.