chapter one

"knock knock" jack smiled as he poked his head through the doorway. "hey" I said, smiling nervously to the ground. "you're not nervous are ya? cause if you are I'm gonna have to.. TICKLE YOU" he said jumping behind me. "jack stop!" I smiled, laughing uncontrollably. he grabbed a piece of my hair and tucked it behind my ear, "you ready?" he smirked. "as ready as I'll ever be." he grabbed my wrist lightly and pulled me out to the group of hundreds and hundreds of soon to be adults.

"uh jack. is it too late to turn back now?" I say. "I mean I have the butterfly's, like bad right now." "yep! way to late for that!" he smiled. I held onto my graduation cap and threw it in the air. it slowly came down and I reached over to grab it. I look over to see jacks gorgeous brown eyes sparkle and handsome jawline clench as he catches his cap. he always been on the attractive side. I mean look at him. "we did it summer! we actually survived all of those pointless years of learning!" he picked me up and spun me in circles. I couldn't help but laugh and smile straight into his eyes.

"ahem." "oh sorry. haha.. um I'll talk with you later ok summer?" jack said. "oh yeah .. um ok" I faked a smile and ran into Johnson's arm. "where's jack?" he smiled "with Leigh" I groaned. "I don't get why she doesn't like me to be honest." I explain. "well I mean you have been best friends with jack and I since oh I don't know.. third grade!" he giggled. "shut up Johnson I was trying to make myself feel better" I say winking at him. he grabbed my wrist and we walked over to jack who was arguing with Leigh.

"well you know what. whatever. if you don't like summer and I being friends then I think this relationship is over. I mean honestly you hang out with boys 24/7 and I can trust you enough but when I want to hang out with summer you freak out. I've known her my whole life and-" he was cut off by Johnson and I's presence. "whatever Leigh. see you whenever."

the 5 minutes we were in the car it was completely silent. I decided to speak up and say something. "well what should we do tonight. I mean we are adults now I say grabbing Jack and jacks cheeks. "you know what! we should do something!" Johnson yells.

"what about five guys?" I say. "yaaas" they both scream. jack practically loosened up right when he found out we were eating burgers and he turned the radio up full blast playing fame is for assholes.

the whole time we were eating all I could think about is why it was my fault jack and Leigh broke up. I didn't like jack in any way other than friends but still. I mean they've been dating for forever and he's taken me to prom and all of the other dances not realizing it looks kinda suspicious. we were friends. just friends. well actually best friends and we would never think about each other like that. ever. I tried not to show it but I was thinking about it way to much.

we ate our burgers and laughed for a good hour then left driving back to jacks and Johnson's house.

I sat on the counter thinking what's next as jack came crawling next to me. "it's not your fault." he smiled "I know but I feel like I was in the way of your relationship. ya know .." "well ya know what." he said wrapping his arm around me "I've got two plane tickets to Los Angeles for the summer and I want you to come with me." he grinned setting the other ticket in my lap. "but what about Johnson and my mom and dad jack?" " I already talked to your parents and they said you can come with me. Johnson's going to be there and honestly I really want you to come. are you up to the challenge?" he said jumping off the counter. "well duh!" I screamed, wrapping my arms around his neck.