Chapter 28

I walked down the streets from now on independent and proud. I didn't need any guy to satisfy me and as much as I missed jack I didn't need him anymore. he called the day he found out Cam and I called it off and we finally forgave each other but we never really talked.

yeah I missed his touch and smell but people just have to learn they grow apart.

-

"hello"

"hey its jack.."

"oh.. hey jack.. how ya doing?"

"good good. um jack and I are moving to la in a week and I just wanted to let you know."

"oh wow that's great" a little piece of my heart shattered and I fell onto my bed. "I knew you'd make it"

"yeah.. I just wanted to say I'm gonna miss you and I'll never stop loving you"

"jack.."

"I'm serious. I love you too much to forget about you and I'm sorry.. maybe this whole moving thing will be good for us"

"yeah yeah.. I understand" I sniffled into the phone and the other line was quiet.

"I'm so sorry." I could hear the hurt in his voice.

I covered the speaker to the phone and cried then wiped my nose and talked again. "well. I wish you guys the best of luck out there. I'm so proud of you two."

"look at you though. you finished collage"

I smiled. "yeah.. thanks jack"

"well I have to get back to packing but I miss you.. and I- I lov- I mean yeah.. well.. ok bye..."

the phone line went dead and I sat at the edge of my bed. my stomach churned and my face was hot. I'm not ready for them to leave me.. I was never ready. I thought of jack and the last time he saw me and remembered our whole affair with each other.

shit

fuck

damn

I picked up my phone and as it was ringing I thought of my behavior.

sweating at night... stomach pains.. headaches throughout the day.. cravings.

"hello" jack answered.

"j-jack"

"summer?"

"D-did we use a condom.."

"what."

"THE UTILITY ROOM JACK"

I could here him crying on the other end as well as I was.

"what if im pre-pregnant"

"what do you mean! pregnant. are you sure it's not Cameron's !?"

"NO JACK"

I could hear his phone drop to the floor then him pick it up.

"I'm going in my bathroom to check right now ok." I said shaking

"oh god. I can't move to la and have a baby in nebraska"

I rummaged underneath the sink for three tests and peed on each one.

pregnant

not pregnant and ..

I wasn't ready to open the last one.

"j-jack..."

" oh god."