21

Your POV

"Camila," I said into the phone, getting the attention of the girl on the other end.

She FaceTimed me when she got back to her hotel after her interview. I could tell she was exhausted and she was about to fall asleep on the phone.

"Hmmm?" She answered as she rubbed her eyes.

"Baby," I giggled a bit. "You look exhausted. Go get some sleep."

"I wanna talk to you," she whined a bit, laying down with her phone resting against the pillow on the side of her.

"Okay, how about I talk and you listen until you fall asleep?" I suggested, watching her nod as her eyes began to get heavy.

I smiled slightly and started to tell her about my day, watching as her eyes slowly started to close.

She tried to fight it, opening them right back up after they would fall shut, but soon enough she gave up and her eyes slammed shut.

I waited a bit before confirming to myself that she was in fact enough.

"Goodnight, love," I whispered before hanging up the phone.

I sat back on the couch, flipping through channels in an attempt to find something worth watching.

I eventually settled on Grey's Anatomy. It was an episode I had already watched, but there was nothing else on, so I didn't really care.

I laid my head back on the couch, almost falling asleep myself until there was a knock on the door.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I got up to open it.

Did Dinah forget her key?

I opened the door, my eyes widening when I saw who was there. It definitely wasn't Dinah.

"Hey."

"Lauren? What are you doing here?" I asked, looking around before pulling the girl inside.

"I miss you..." She trailed off as I shut the door.

"Lauren... why are you here?" I asked the girl who had tears in her eyes. She looked so broken.

"I really miss you," she told me as she grabbed one of my hands.

"Lauren, you really shouldn't-"

"Please, come home," she begged.

"What?" I asked.

"Come home. I want you home. I need you," she cried out as she tried to keep her tears at bay.

"Lauren, that's not my home anymore," I told her, making her face drop.

"Y/n, please. I love you so much," she said, but those words didn't mean anything to me anymore. They didn't make my stomach erupt with butterflies like they used to.

"Lauren, I love you too, but I'm not in love with you anymore," I told the girl as I started to get choked up.

"Please, Y/n," she begged.

"Lauren, I'm with Camila now-"

"Do you love her?" She cut me off.

"What?"

"Do you love her? Are you in love with her?" She asked me.

I thought about my answer for a second, even though I really didn't have to.

"Yes," I told her. "I love her, and I can't break her like you broke me."

"I'm sorry," Lauren apologized as she wiped her eyes.

"I forgave you already, Lauren," I told the girl. "Do me a favor and forgive yourself."

"Okay," she stated. "Can we still be friends? I wasn't lying when I said I miss you, and not just in a romantic way."

"I think for now we need distance..." I told her. "...but eventually we'll be friends again."

"Okay," she sighed. "I should go."

"Alright, goodnight Lauren," I said, hugging the girl before letting her leave.

As soon as the door closed I expected myself to break down, but I actually felt lighter. I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

I had gotten closure, and now I needed to do something.