Rain fell on my glasses

Rain fell on my glasses, making it hard to see where I was going. The rain had flooded the grass which made it hard to run. I wanted to rest but I couldn’t. I hear dogs barking behind me, following my sent. Angry voices are yelling to each other, figuring out how to bring me back I guess. I’d rather die than go back to that hell hole. I’m breathing heavily, my breath is fogging up my glasses so I them and throw them off in a spit of frustration. “Fuck”, I thought to myself. I can’t see a thing with my glasses. The other girls at the home would steel my glasses, they stole all my things.
In the distance I saw light and heard tires against gravel. Is it a road? An escape? I sprinted toward the unknown, the barking and yelling seemed to just fade away. All I could hear now was the screeching of tires as I stopped dead in the middle of the dirt road. The car stopped a surprising safe distance in front of me. I bounced over the passenger side; put my cute little girl face on (it always worked with the guards). The door opened from the inside of the small car to reveal a poorly groomed man, slightly chubby with a stained, dirty singlet on. The inside of the car mirrored his appearance perfectly.
“Please sir, someone is chasing me, I think they want to hurt me”.
“Get in then” he said though a rough smoker’s voice. I did as he said to. The car smells like old cigarettes, rotten food and maybe some hash brownies. My carer used to make them all the time for the other staff, the girls at the home had managed to get into it once.
We have been driving for five minutes now; both of us have been quiet. I can’t really get a good look at him, I still can’t see. I think getting in his car was a mistake.