I'll always be right here

"Mommy, look new people are coming to live here from across the street!" I say, tugging at her jacket sleeve.
"Yes, I see that honey, maybe we can go say hi later, yeah?" She said with a gentle smile.
"Okay, Mommy." I say, jumping up and down.
I always loved meeting new people, it was who I was, now I'm not the same, that all changed when he was taken from me. Now, I cut myself off from everyone, I keep to myself and mind my own business, try to make it through my day to get back home.
I turn back to the window and continue to think about the day that changed my life for ever.
"Mama! Let's go!!" My little self tugging on her sleeve of her shirt.
"Alright, alright, one more minute." She said, finishing putting the whipped cream on the pumpkin pie to bring to the neighbors.
"Okay, done let's go." I jump at her words and tush towards the door and put my coat on quickly.
My mom and walk out the door and diagonally across the street, we walk up their drive way . On the second floor of the house I see a figure staring down below at us, before it disappeared.
We walk up to the front door and my mom rings the door bell.
A woman with blonde hair and a tired face opens t he door and immediately smiles.
'Hello, how can I help you?"
"Well actually we came to say hello, to you guys we saw you moving in earlier and we thought we would introduce ourselves and bring a sweet treat." My mom replies.
"Oh, how thoughtful, please come on in. I know it's chilly."
"Thank you, you bought a lovely home."
"Oh thank you."
"Oh, and this is my daughter, (Y/N). Shes been so excited to meet you guys ever since we saw you all moving this morning. "
The women turns her attention to me.
"Hi, sweetheart. How old are you?"
"I'm 7 years old." I say excitedly.
"Oh, I have a boy who is 9. He's upstairs, let me go see if he's not busy." She said before walking up stairs. About a couple minutes later she walked halfway down the stairs.
"He's up stairs, wanna meet him?"
A wave of shyness rushed me and I looked to my mom. She smiled and nodded, pushing me towards the stairs. I rushed upstairs with his mom and she quietly walked down the hall. The second door on the left was crcked open, she pushed the door open.
"Micheal, honey, this is (Y/N), she's our new neighbor." She said to him quietly.
"Hi!" I chirped.
He looked at me with blank expression, but waved at me. I smiled and waved back.
"I'll leave you two to get to know eachother, and come back with a snack for you both."
"Okay!" I say as she closes the door.
I turn towards him, he boy with light brown hair and brown eyes.
His face was too solem for a boy, his age. I look around the room, the walls were a dark grey, boxes scattered around the bed and a desk was set against a window, where he was sitting.
On the walls nothing but a series of masks lay up above his bed. All the different, unique, not one having the design as the other.
"Wow..." My seven year old self gaped. "Where did you get them?" I ask.
He stared at me not moving, just gazing at me.
"Did you make them?" I ask and he nodded slightly.
"Can you talk?"
He shook his head no.
"Why?"
He shrugged, continuing to stare with no emotion.
"What's your name? I'm (Y/N)!"
He looked aound his room before pointing to the wall behind me. I turn around and behind me there was a frame. The frame held the various pictures of the boy and above it read.
"Michael..." I say, turning and facing him, he nods and turns around back at the window, once again staring.
"What's wrong? Do you wanna go outside?" I ask and he nodded.
"Well, lets go!" I say getting excited.
He looked at me, with his head tilted.
"Come on!" I say moving towards him, and grabbing his wriat only for him to pull away quickly with a startled look.
"Sorry, but lets go!" I say with my hand out to him.
He looked down at my hand hesitant, but eventually grabbed it. I pulled him down stairs and towards our mothers.
"Mama, can Michael and I play outside?"
"Umm, I dunno ask his mom."
"Miss Margaret can we play outside?" I ask, being hopeful.
She looked at me and then to Michael.
"Ummm, s-sure..." She hesitated.
"YAY! Michael, let's go!"
He let go of my hand to grab his coat and put it in on, then grabbing my hand again and letting me drag him out side.
When we got out the door he stopped, tugging me back.
"Hey!" I say irritated. "What's the matter?" I say.
He looks down at me and shakes his head.
"Come on, it's okay, I'm right here." I say tugging him, towards the big tree in his yard that was now dropping red and yellow leaves.
I let his hand go and moved to the leaves on the ground. I started pushing them into a pile, gestering to Michael to come close and help me. He hesitantly steps off the porch, for a quick second it looked like he believed he would explode if he stepped off the porch. Once was in the grass he relaxed, walking over to me.
"Help me put the leaves in a pile, then we can jump into it!" I say happily and he nods.
We get on our knees and start raking the leafs with our hands towards us, the pile getting bigger.
"Yay, its ready!" I cheer and step away from it.
"Ready?" I say looking at Michael."1, 2, 3, GO!" I say running towards the pile and jumping in. The leaves surrounded me, jumping up into the air and flying around me.
I look around for Michael but find him no where in the pile. As the leaves come back down, I see his figure standing at staring at me.
"Michael..." I whine, "You're supposed to be in here with me.." He looked down at me and a small smile formed on his lips, he walked to the pile and took a step in it before sitting down.
"See? Isn't this fun?" I say, shoving leaves towards him making the leaves fly in his face.
He sits wide eyed and shocked making me giggle. He looked at me with a confused look, head tilted. He shoved leaves in my face, agressively and I couldn't help, burst with laughter. He smiled and we went back and forth, shoving leaves in each others faces.
"(Y/N)!! It's time to go!" My mom yelled, making Michael and I stop.
I looked at her and whined.
"Mama, I don't wanna go..." I said standing, Michael following.
"Come sweetheart, we'll come back later, maybe you and Michael can hang out tomorrow at our house. "
"Okay, mama!" I say walking towards her, but I was stopped when when Michael grabbed my wrist.
"Michael, let her go!" His mother yelled frantically.
I turned to him, with a soft smile.
"What's wrong, Michael?" I asked and he shakes his head and pulls me closer to him, seemingly not wanting me to leave.
"Hey, it's okay... I live across the street. I'll come visit you I promise. I'll always be right here..."
I say looking at him and he smiles and nods.
"I'll see you later, Michael." I say as he lets my wrist go and I walk towards my mom.
She smiles at me while Miss Margret has a startled confused look.
"Margret are you okay?"
"Uhh, yes, yes, its just I've never seen Michael act that way towards anyone before.. He actually wanted (Y/N) to stay... Usually he wants nothing to do with anyone, not his sisters or father, not even me..... But (Y/N) you're different..." She said.
~~~~~~
I come back to reality as my bus comes up to my stop, the tattoo shop I aprentice at.
As I walk in my Boss aka my 'teacher' tells me,"(Y/N), why aren't you at home? There's a serial killer, that escaped from the local mental institution and is on the loose in (Your hometown).
Go home quickly and be safe, I'm going out of town, to visit a few family members. Please be careful when you go home, I'd hate to see anything happen to my little aprentice." Jorel says, before ruffling hair, messing it up and making me groan.
"Alright, see you later, Jorel...." I say leaving the shop and walking home since my bus wouldn't come back for an hour.