What a Bad Day

Lena's POV-

I heard a knock on my door and hesitated to say anything, to pretend like I wasn't there, just like I wish I wasn't.

My life was falling apart. My mother was terrorizing me 24/7, I feel like my friends were no longer there for me, there's something going on with Kara, she's not telling me something. And worst of all, I never have time for James anymore.

I'm always working, non-stop, and when I'm not working, I'm either too tired to do anything or he's too busy running CatCo.

I honestly feel so depressed. I tried to push that feeling away, and answered to the knock. " Come in! "

I look back at my work since I could probably give them whatever they want without making eye contact, but the familiar voice that said something made she look up.

" Hey, Lena, " James greets me.

" James. What are you doing here? " I ask, almost without thinking. But it was truly what was on my mind. I was busy, and I really didn't want him here.

" Am I unwelcome now? " he asks, stepping into my office.

" Of course not, but you know I'm busy, " I say. I was really annoyed right now and didn't exactly need his sarcasm to help annoy me more.

" Yes, I know. But....... you can take a break, " James says coming closer to my desk where I sat at.

" I really can't, " I say.

Now I was really annoyed. He does this basically every other day, begging me to go to dinner with him or watch a movie together, or see a basketball game, or go visit a museum, or other stupid activities that I seriously don't have time for. He can really never give up, can he?

" Babe, you've been working for weeks, no----- months straight. You deserve a break, " James pleads.

" Dammit! " I yell, slamming my hand on my desk. " Don't you get it?! I don't have time for you! I have to work before everything! I'm running a freaking company! So please, just get the hell out of my office, and let me work!!! "

I wasn't supposed to, but it felt great to let all that anger that I was keeping inside of me out. But, just as his cocky smirk fell into a hurt frown, I began to feel guilty for all the horrible things I had just said to him. After all, he is my boyfriend.

And suddenly, that frown turns into an aggravated face. " You know what, Lena?! I'm done with you! I'm sick and tired of you rejecting me everyday, never having time for me, and always putting your stupid company before me! Do I even exist to you?! Do I even mean anything to you?! No, because your work goes first, and that's how it will always be. And that's why, me and you, us, " he says, waving his index finger in between us, " are done, ".

James leaves, slamming the door behind him.

I was heartbroken. A tear slid down my cheek, and that tear turned into tears rushing down my face along with sobbing.

Why do I always mess everything up?

: :

Kara's POV-

I walk into James' office and throw my article onto his desk with a slap. I was sure that was the one after, in counting, twenty-three tries.

He looked really annoyed. His face was red, and I swear, steam was about to some out of his ears.

" What the hell? " James asks rudely.

" Oh, sorry, " I say awkwardly and pick up my article.

He looks up at me.