Letters

It's a normal day for Y/N. Sitting by the laptop in her shop, attending to online shoppers who wanted to buy her bouquets.

Y/N was manager and rightful owner of the flower shop, also a full time florist. Before her father died, she just worked here as part time and fulfilled a job elsewhere, but eventually she had to let it go and take over. Her father opened the shop in dedication to her deceased mother, who died of an illness, some years ago.

Her father on the other hand. Was murdered. The police never found the culprits and the case had been closed after a month. Y/N was not able to give her father real justice. And now here she was, getting through life alone at the age of twenty one.

Working alone was rather boring, tiring, especially when people weren't looking for flowers everyday. It was always early mornings where the odd elderly came in too look around and buy a handful of gerbera daisies.

Y/N finished her online requests and filled in the dates in her diary, writing in when she was to make flower deliveries to people's homes. It must feel nice to have a loved one send flowers to your home and not knowing about it.

The florist was closed for a good month. Y/N was unable to comprehend the loss of her father at the time and was not strong enough to get back to work. Thankfully, he left some money behind and Y/N was able to live from it. It wasn't until recently, she reopened the place, in memory of her mother and father this time.

Y/N was told by the police that her father was visiting the bank whilst it was being raided. But the raid was not to take money. It was specifically taking place to take down her father and there was no evidence or reason as to why these people did such a thing.

The police never found any leads. Her father had no enemies that she knew of. Her father was a good man. At times he would struggle financially to look after himself and his daughter but otherwise, he had a heart of gold.

As she finished writing down the notes, the mail man came by and dropped off some letters. "Hi Y/N, your mail." He said kindly and handed over the envelopes to the woman.

Y/N looked through the small pile. Some letters were usually bills, others were miscellaneous but one caught her eye. It was hand written and it was addressed to her indirectly.

"To F/N's daughter"

Quickly, Y/N tore open the envelope to be met with a handwritten letter. It was all in capitals and no address was written.

"F/N's daughter, you may not know who we are, you may not know what your father had been up to before he was killed. This is not a joke nor a prank. Your father had been involved with us, which from the beginning was a big mistake. Your father owed us 500,000 dollars before he died and that debt still stands. Since you are his next of kin. I would like you to know that this is your problem now. This debt is something I will not let slide. I don't care how old you may be, how rich you may be. A debt is a debt. And trust me when I say, if you don't pay this, then I'll have my army of men come after you everyday of your life until I get what I want. You don't mess with people like me. Shame your dear father didn't understand that before he died. But until next time, I shall be hearing from you again Y/N."

That's all there was to it. Y/N felt her heart beat crazily in her chest. This could very well be a prank, it could be a joke but the letter told her that this was real. What did her father do? Who did he take money from? Are these the people that killed him?

Y/N decided it was time to close the florist and go home instead. She was afraid of the letter and wanted to avoid anything that may happen. Still unsure of whether the letter was real, Y/N held her phone in her hands, with the cops already dialled. She told herself to calm down and that this maybe a prank.

Hesitantly, she put it down, scrunched up the letter and threw it in the bin. It's all just a prank she told herself, not knowing what she was getting herself into.

Author's note: The guys will start appearing in the next chapters. Leave comments and some love and please do share :3 thank you for reading!