Mike.

_.•-Chapter 1-•._
      Sitting in class, not really paying attention Because I already know everything about this subject. Instead I have Bon Jovi stuck in my head. We have a month and a half till summer and honestly I'm not so excited. It gets boring and I don't really have friends. I'm that shy kid that listens to music, which I find comforting. Bon Jovi is loved all the way around. We are reviewing for our Physics final. I usually pass with flying colors every year because I'm that kid..the know it all. The teacher's pet I could call myself.
    "Hey so do you wanna come over today and help me study?" asked the football team captain, Tom. Before I could answer
    "I'm just kidding! My girl is coming over today. Why would I blow her off to study with you. You don't do that to ya girl. Of course, you wouldn't know that." then he turned to his friend Kyle and they high fived. I didn't really see the humor in it. It wasn't because they made fun of me, just didn't find it funny. I was born with Aspergers and a born genius so I have trouble communicating and socializing. Wasn't my go to subject and I honestly didn't mind. After school I walk outside to retrieve my bike.
    "Look out look out!" Tom slammed right into me. A full on football tackle. "I told you" he got up and him and Kyle again high five. I looked over and his girlfriend Ashley didn't seem amused as she looked down at me and then back at Tom.
    "Here." she reached out as an offer to help me up. Of course I accept. I got up and dusted myself off and glazed up at Tom who was clenching his jaw.
    "Thank you."
    "Don't thank me Mike. It's the nice thing to do and I apologize for his act. Have a safe ride home, okay?"
I nodded my head and watched the group walk away. Ashley rejected Toms hand hold. Made me giggle a little. As I rode my bike home, I look around and observe everything. To the shade of the sky to the ants collecting chips. I finally got home to my little house. I like it though because we have land and I like to go and explore.  I walk in and my mom, dad, and little sister are all at the table like if they've been waiting for my return.
    "What are y'all doing?" I asked with a confused face.
"Hun come here. Sit down.". I do as I'm told. "Remember how Jerry was doin'? Well, he couldn't pull through Mike. Jerry went with Jesus today around lunch time. I'm sorry" My mom said holding back tears for me.
I don't understand. What..why? Why did Jerry have to leave. As a genius I knew all, this was the one thing I couldn't grasp. I ran up stairs to my room and went to his cage. Little guy was on his back. Not breathing. Sure enough, mom wasn't lying to me.
    "Today we come together to remind ourselves of how loving Jerry was. He was a great pet.."
    "Companion" I corrected my dad.
    "..he was a great companion. He loved Mike with all his little heart.."
Thunder clapped and dad cut the speech short. The rest of the family went in and I stayed outside. In the pouring rain. It's like they didn't care. It really hurt. Jerry was my friend. That little hamster was my everything. Of course I don't know what I'm feeling because emotions aren't my strong suit.
    "That boy is gonna get sick. Imma call him inside. This is stupid."
    "Bill don't you dare. He is hurting and he can't handle these things normally. Don't be an ass bout' it."
    "He needs to learn to. My son is a freak. He is just standin' there. No wonder why the football team makes fun of him. He probably creeps them out." Bill said.
Angela turns to face Bill "talk to me when you're done being an ass."
    Supper came around and it was steak and mash potatoes with some green beans. My favorite. I barely touched it though and I could tell dad was getting frustrated about it. My little sister, Bailee was already done with her food. Dad and mum had to sit with me an extra 20 minutes because I just wasn't hungry.
    "Dammit boy! I'm done with your nonsense! Just eat your food! God didn't let this animal die just for you to waste it!"
    "Yeah?! Then why couldn't Jerry stay?! No reason for him to go cause now his body is gonna go to waste! God doesn't like me! What if he isn't even real?!" I yelled back. I exploded. That moment, I became scared. He rose from his chair and came around the table. He grabbed my ear and through me to the floor.
    "Boy. Did you forget who your master was?" I didn't have the answer. Well I did but dad would call it a smartass comment? Whatever that means.
    "Apparently you have. We'll be attending church again because Mr. smarty pants over here forgot who Jesus was."
    I was sent up to my room and he only left me my books and homework which was fine with me. He doesn't even know his own son. I had a little bump and a small bruise on my head from hitting the ground. I didn't sleep that night and I just laid there in my bed. It was different not hearing Jerry run in his wheel. I missed him so.