Chapter 28♧♤♡

"Are you nut?"

Lavi's pov

*

Exams preparation had gotten everyone completely worked up and all the students were beginning to wish for this waec exam to be sooner than the expected time as we were all tired of studying already but that was all a wishful thinking as the set time is still pretty much four damn months away...

Katherine driver had called to inform her that he won't be picking her up because apparently, their car had broken down on his way to pick her up and had prompted her to option for a public transport and I was having a hard time convincing her otherwise. I wasn't going to let her take the risk alone so I have decided to take her home myself.

When I told her to board a taxi instead, she was rather adamant; Stubborn as a mull and was bent on experiencing what she termed as 'Lagos street life' and instead of boarding the yellow buses which are popularly known as 'moluwe', I took her to the BRT bus station instead and we bought tickets for buses headed for the island and we were lucky to find ourselves seating among other passengers as the BRT bus tend to be pretty crowded almost all the time.

The bus kept dropping and picking up passengers at each bus-stop  making the bus to be more crowded than the initial number.

We held on to the top hanger as the bus continue to sway from side to side as it bumped through the pot holes on the road that lies beneath its tyres.

We later dropped at the last bus-stop and crossed over to the other side to pick Keke( tricycle) to where we were headed.

Katherine kept throwing her hand out the open space.

The first time she did it,I thought I was going to die from a heart attack as she had thrown out her right hand almost the same time the tricycle had tried to overtake a yellow bus on the same lane....

My God......

Most of these drivers and their conductors can be psychopathic in nature and tends to driver recklessly and she doesn't know it.

"Are you nut? What did you do that for?" Dragging her arm inside just as quickly.

"No am not. ..why are you yelling?"

"Why am I yelling? Didn't you see what just happened?"

She said nothing and just stared back at me completely oblivious to what I was ranting about.

"Why did you throw your arm out like that?"

"I was just tryna feel the breeze"

Hiya. ..this girl doesn't know anything o

"This is not London K and you can't feel the breeze on your hand here  because it's not safe. We have some pretty mad driver around here and you might loose an arm if you keep that up"

"Okay dad..I won't do it again" she snorted back at me.

We dropped at her bus-stop and trekked a few distance and ended in front of a black iron gate.

She pressed a button on the wall and the gate flew open as a tall lanky man popped out and stood in front of us.

"Aah small madam na you?" He said as he scratches his head.