WAY DOWN WE GO.

❝WITH A HEART LIKE THAT,YOU DESERVE THE WORLD

YOU DESERVE THE WORLD.❞
━━ R.M. Drake

RIYA PATEL USED TO LIVE A LIFE that was micromanaged for her

RIYA PATEL USED TO LIVE A LIFE that was micromanaged for her. When she was a little girl, her family moved from India to the United States for a chance at a better life. The Patels had family that already lived in the United States and they had decided that it was their turn to move westward. However, they didn't realize how hard it was going to be. After all, New York City was a whole different world compared to their small village in India.

Adjusting to their new lives was hard, but her parents had a plan. They made every little decision for Riya ━━ from what she would eat, to what she would wear, and even the subjects that she could study in school. They controlled every aspect of her life. Once Riya was eighteen, they chose the college that she would attend and the career that she would go into. They wanted Riya to become lawyer and forced her to attend law school, but her schooling didn't last. It wasn't long before her parents began to look for a suitable husband and Riya wanted to fight back and take control of her life, but she was so used to them making the decisions. So, after just three years, she was wed to a man named Kabir.

Life didn't get any easier for Riya ━━ it became hell instead. Riya was convinced that her husband was the devil himself. He was a monster that Riya desperately wanted to escape, but she was trapped. Kabir had decided it would be best for them to move to San Francisco ━━ across the country from her parents and friends. Riya was stuck in an unknown city where she had no one to turn to except for the devil himself.

After five long and agonizing years trapped in a loveless marriage, Riya finally met a man named Eddie Brock, a local reporter. He was a huge flirt, but Riya could tell that he had a big heart. They became quick friends and it wasn't long until Eddie started to noticed the bruises that accumulated on Riya's skin and the fear in her eyes whenever they met. After some time, Riya finally showed up at his doorstep and begged him to save her. And, he did.

Eddie helped Riya to free herself and convinced her to give life a second chance. It was that moment that Eddie Brock swore that he could never leave Riya Patel's side. The two stuck together ever since and eventually fell in love. The two ended up getting married at a little chapel and vowed to love and protect each other until their last breath. Life was good for the next several years for the married couple, but they would never be prepared for the horrors the future held for them.

INTRODUCING...

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

RIYA PATEL-BROCK
portrayed by AISHWARYA RAI

RIYA PATEL-BROCKportrayed by AISHWARYA RAI

❝IT USED TO BE USAGAINST THE WORLD

❝IT USED TO BE US
AGAINST THE WORLD.❞

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

DISCLAIMER.
I do not own Marvel or any of its characters.
They belong to their respective owners. I,
however, do own my own characters, my plot
line, and my writing! Remember, plagiarism
is illegal and can be punishable by law.
Plus, stealing is not cool at all! 😔

WARNINGS.
Strong Language, Violence/Gore,
Sexual Themes, Domestic Violence,
Sexism/Racism, Deaths, Triggers
(e.g. Depression, PTSD, Anxiety, etc.)

NOTE.
I ORIGINALLY STARTED this book back in September of 2018 and it's currently August of 2021 as I write this. It's been a few years and I had abandoned this book for a little while as it collected dust in my drafts. I never did truly forget about it, but I did put it on the back burner as I focused on other projects (though, at the moment, I don't even know what those other projects are since I haven't made much progress in any of my books). But, Way Down We Go is one of the first books that I am bringing back from the dead. I still adore Eddie Brock and Venom and with the second movie on the horizon, I decided it would be a good time to bring this book back! If you guys remember this book, welcome back to the revamped version where things will hopefully sound better!

First things first, I wanted to say that a lot of Riya's backstory was in the summary and if you didn't read it, that's okay because I will give a condensed version here. Her childhood wasn't the best because she had distant parents who cared more about success than anything else. Then, she got caught in an arranged marriage where things were fine at first but her husband became just evil. She was stuck with a mentally and physically abusive husband before she was able to get out. Riya does have PTSD and it affect her throughout the book. Please, remember that PTSD affects each individual different and Riya may have some triggers that others don't. But, if at any moment, it seems as if I am romanticizing the issue, please message me kindly and I will try my best to fix my mistake. Thank you.

ANOTHER THING, Riya and Eddie are already married and happy at the beginning of the book. They work together and have their whole lived revolving around each other, which may or may not be such a bad thing. But, I wanted to write a book where the relationship is already established because I don't have too many of those. But, that doesn't mean the relationship will be smooth-sailing. :)

I am extremely excited to write this book again, and I hope you all are as well. ❤️

IMPORTANT DATES
[ original ] START DATE ━━ 09.26.2018
[ rewrite ] START DATE ━━ 08.14.2021
END DATE ━━ TO BE ANNOUNCED