Chapter 9

A/N

Not edited.

Chapter 9

I wake up with a bitter taste in my mouth and a pounding headache. One look tells me that I'm back in the motel. I push myself up and rub my aching head. The door is wide open, which I hate.

I climb out of bed, feeling cold without the covers, and shut the door loudly.

This is all Jayce's fault.

"Caroline?"

Speak of the devil. The door swings back open and he raises an eyebrow at me.

I roll my eyes and crawl back to my bed, still feeling extremely tired. Jayce tosses me a bottle filled with dark red liquid.

"Drink," He instructs, "You're drained."

I don't need to be told twice. I down the bottle in one gulp and feel energy settle in my body. Once I have finally regained my energy and feel the anger I have towards him return with full force, I raise my arm and slap him.

He freezes, momentarily shocked, and his left cheek turns bright red quickly. He cups his cheek and groans in pain.

"Caroline, vampire strength is not to be toyed with!"

I turn away from him.

"Look I'm sorry for putting you down, but I had to, otherwise you would be on a full-blown killing spree."

"How long have I been out?" I ask. My body feels like it has been over rested.

"Two days," He says.

I gape at him, "Two days?"

"You needed to be out," He explains. "The guilt once you've killed somebody, it never goes away."

I keep silent. It's not that I want to kill anyone, I just don't want to be treated like a kid.

"Was that what happened to you during your third stage of transition?" I finally decide to ask.

Jayce nods, his eyes unfocused, "I killed thirty-six people, one every hour."

"Where was your mentor?"

"He turned me by accident and basically left me all alone," He tells. He suddenly looks at me and his eyes widen. He coughs and grabs my phone from the table beside the bed.

"You should call Sabrina. The phone has been ringing off the hook for the past two days. You have fourty-nine missed calls from her."

I grab my phone and quickly call her. She answers on the second ring.

"Thank goodness, Caroline," She sighs, "I thought you died, again."

"That's because Jayce drugged me," I glare at him.

"I didn't drug you," He rolls his eyes, and holds up a coin, "If this touches the base of your neck, you fall asleep for two days. Vampirism con."

"WHAT?" Sabrina shrieks.

"Nothing," I sigh, "Why'd you call?"

"I want to know why he druggedbyou first," She demands.

"It's complicated."

"I have time."

"Luke and I broke up," I say, knowing it's the only way to change the topic.

She's silent for a moment before asking, "Are you with Jayce now?"

"No," I roll my eyes, "I hate Jayce now. Do you even care that Luke and I broke up?"

"I'm pretty sure Luke will be upset but you have Jayce so it's okay."