Fields of Wyl [To Be Changed]

The tall yellow grass and the tall trees glistening with the morning dew. The sun rising over the mountains, and the birds singing on the tree tops. My barefeet feeling the softness of the dirt and the cushion of the grass that collapses under my steps. I was headed towards the sunrise to the fields of Wyl. Today I needed to gather meat for the winter ahead. Following the trail that I had made by repeated travel. The trail was as wide as three of my feet. Went from my shelter to the mountains that the suns come up from. Just before the mountains was the field of Wyl.

I had reached the edge of the forest just before Wyl. I readied my bow and notched an arrow. I scanned the Wyl for anything I could maybe hit and kill with a single arrow. Stalking through the Wyl, crouched with long strides. Trailing the small rabbit with out it knowing it was near the end of its life. Paws silently, carefully, and powerfully stepping closer. Eyes sharp and the head low. The big cat jumped from the Wyl and leaped for the rabbit. I shot the arrow as it leapt. It's point reaches its destination right underneath the jaw bone entering the wind pipe. It collapsed when it hit the ground, flailing around. Gasping for breath. I sprinted out of the forest. I slung the bow over my shoulder and grabbed my knife. Jumping over the small bushes, and bounding over the mud puddles. I slid down and cut the cats throat.

"I am sorry my friend. May you have a good life after this."

I peeked up and scanned the edge of the field. I looked down at the cat and pick it up over my shoulder. Then headed back the way I came.

The second sun had just peeked up over the mountain. Giving everything a blue tint, the yellow grass slowly turned green. The shadows now had a shadow. I readjusted my catch and looked at my surroundings and continued walking.

I was nearing my shelter, it was made underneath three entangled trees. The trees were short compared to the surrounding trees, also different in colour. I threw down the cat and started a fire. I skinned and gutted it, then started making new gloves and patched up my jacket with the hide. I threw the meat onto the coals and waited. When the meat was done I threw it inside the shelter and burried the coals. I fell onto my bedding and drifted to sleep.

The darkness slowly shrouded my consciousness, within the darkness a vibrant image started to appear. The image began to take over my perceptions. My forest of tall trees, the great blue sky, the mountains the suns risen up from. A small twin tailed fox appeared in sight. Just a few trees infront of me, its wonderous fur glistening in the light. Shades of red and white that were vibrant as the blue sky itself. It gracefully walked towards me, hopping over the small roots of the tall trees. It stopped and looked at me, the eyes almost sad. Both tails slowly moved up and down, as if it was waiting for me to do something. Then it turned its head slowly back and stared for a while, then slowly took off in that direction. Then it stopped and looked at me, then started to walk off again. I followed after it. Watching carefully of where I stepped, looking around off in the trees. Slowly following the twin tailed fox into the depths of the forest. The fox stopped right outside the forest line, looked back at me and turned into a wisp and vanished. I slowly crepted to the edge of the forest line. There was nothing beyond, just white. Whiter then the snow from the coldest of the winters.

I stepped out.