Distance doesn't separate people,silence does

Danneel's POV

I hugged Brady and I feel him hug me back. I feel myself relax. I guess he forgives me? Before I even knew I was crying, Brady wipes a tear off my cheek. "I-I'm sorry it's just...I couldn't find a way to say it. But now I know it hurts more not telling you, I'm sorry" I said while my voice was breaking. I pouted with the lack of heat when Brady let go of me...I miss it.

"I think we should start heading home Dan" Brady said as he looked up at the clock, it was getting little later and few students left in the halls. I look around for Kourtney and Lindsey but it looks like they left me and Brady alone....of course."I should go get my stuff " I go to my locker,messing up my combination a few times because of the hardcore staring from Brady.

I stuff some books and paper into my bag and wrap the sling over my shoulder as me and Brady walk out the door.As soon as we went out the door I felt a nice cool breeze past us by, fresh air always helped me to calm down.

"Um well I should head on home,see ya Dan" I was taken back on what Brady just said he usually walks me home but I guess this time is different."Okay see ya Brad" I wave him goodbye as I walk down the sidewalk.

The walk home felt longer than usual probably because Brady wasn't here to entertain me but this is just a one time thing...hopefully.

~~~~~1 week later~~~~~~

It's now Monday,May 21st and Brady hasn't been talking to me lately. He's been distant and I'm starting to worry. Graduation isn't until June and he doesn't talk or approach me. Brady never even glances at me in the halls. Great Daneel just great, you messed up the most important relationship with your best friend.

I'm in class with Kourtney and Lindsey and I explained to them what's been up lately. "S-So you're telling me...my ship is sinking?" Lindsey says in a sad childish voice. Kourtney was just laughing and didn't stop until Lindsey and I just stared at her in confusion. "What? Too much?" Kourtney said then there was an awkward silence which broke once we started laughing.

"So what you gonna do now about Brady?" Kourtney asks, I frown and looked down."Well I do have next period with him, I can probably talk to him for you" Lindsey offered but I shake my head no.

"I gotta do this myself he is important to me and very special..... I need him" I say the last part very low as I think about it. Brady is my best friend I can't lose him, not now, not ever. "OooOoooOoOoo Danneel is catching feelings" Kourtney says as she forms a heart with her hand."Oh shush" I say as I turn red. Lindsey started laughing with Kourtney, those two are really something.

The bell rung and everybody rushed to get out. I pack my things as Kourtney and Lindsey left already.As I left the classroom I see Brady walking down the hallway, oh yes this is my chance. I did a little a happy dance as I make my way over to him.

As soon as he saw me he started walking a little faster. But I was not giving up so I ran up to him and grab him by his shoulder he flinched a little. Well damn that hurts, he never flinched before.

"Hey Brady" I said with a smile but he just stayed silent."So how are you? We haven't talked in a while" But he just stayed silent.The late bell rung and he takes one look at me then just leaves. I look down in disappointment as I make my way to my next class.

When I walk into Chorus I see Rolland another one of our friends. Maybe he will know what's going on with Brady. I sit next to him as we wait for our teacher Ms. Rodriguez to come."Hey rat how's life oh wait what life"Rolland says with a playful smile. I chuckle as I hit punch him lightly, "But in all seriousness I need help from you". Rolland raises an eyebrow as he looks at Danneel with confusion.

"So Brady hasn't talk to me for a whole week and when I tried to talk to him in the hallway he just stayed silent" Rolland just shrugs. "Don't worry it's not worth it anyway" He says back.

"Rolland come on I'm serious dude" I say as I pout."I'm kidding, but what you want me to do".I grab Rolland by the arm whisper into his ear."Ask him about me and what's going on" Rolland nods and agrees with the plan.

Ms.Rodriguez finally shows up and class starts.

After what felt like hours of singing class was finally over and it's now time for lunch. Rolland and me walks to the cafeteria together. We see the others at our table including Remi she is another one of our friends and Rolland's girlfriend.

"Hey guys" Remi said as Rolland sat next to her. I sit next to Kourtney as she chugs her chocolate milk. Lindsey is just reading her book while eating a slice of pizza.

Everybody is here except Brady....... Where is Brady.......... I look around the lunch room for him but I couldn't find him. Well maybe he is not here yet then I say as I watch my friends goof around.

After a few minutes pass I see Brady coming towards the table. I smiled when he sits down but he doesn't say anything. Everybody else notices him but nobody says anything.

There was nothing but silence and I hated it. Remi leaned into Rolland a little as Kourtney just pulled out her phone and earbuds to listen to music. Lindsey just continue to read.

"...Hey Brady...... " A soft voice hesitantly said.

~~~~~~~~~
A/n
Okay okay let me explain so at first my phone was broke for 3 months and then when I got it back I kinda forgot to start writing but don't worry I'm back so enjoy the chapter
Also special thanks to Stupid_Potato513 for helping me out 😆