Blue Beta

"Following the sound, we're running, you and I. The secret is getting deeper and deeper."
~Singing in the Rain~

Jinsoul
🐟

Running. I'm running. Unfamiliar place. Dark and foggy ahead of me. I look back. A wolf. It keeps chasing me. I turn back to look in front of me. My blonde hair flows behind me. It moves up and down with each step I take. My heart, pounding. My skin, beads of sweat. My crisp white shirt, clinging to me. My legs, tired.

I take one last look at the wolf. The dark gray wolf glows. I stop running and close my eyes tightly. I take one last breath of sweet oxygen, because I'll probably never breathe it in again. I open my right eye, still flinching, watching and waiting for the wolf to eat me. The wolf opens its jaws wide open, signaling me to close my eyes and await my fate.

I open my eyes after realizing nothing is happening. My surroundings have changed. The darkness of my dreams have instead been covered in a pale baby blue light. I get up and realize I was on a bed. I look around for a mirror. I check under the bed and see a small purple mirror. I look at myself. My platinum blonde hair, in its usual ocean wave style, and my pink lips are the same color as my flushed cheeks.

I walk towards the door. The door handle was cool to the touch. I took a deep breath and twisted the door handle, forcing the door to open. The room behind the door was enveloped in an aquamarine blue light, fake wave shadows can be seen on the walls. Empty fish tanks line up on the walls with a brief description of what should be inside the tanks.

I walk to the nearest tank on my left. Peering into it, I realize that the setting inside the tank was made for a small reptilian. It looked so unique as the bushes were made to look like trees and it even had a small drinking area which looked very similar to a pond. The sign next to it says "Frog" along with a brief description of the animal.

A faint bell noise makes my ear twitch. I spin towards the noise, my baby blonde hair twirling with my head. I walk slowly towards the noise, unsure of what was making that noise. The noise becomes louder and louder with each step I take. I arrive at a dead end, however, a stack of boxes are all I can find. The bell keeps ringing. I look in between the boxes to see who is making all of that noise.

I couldn't see it clearly but I'm sure it was a female with long blonde hair ringing the bell. I couldn't see her face all that well but her pink lips smiled when I looked. I took a step back as soon as I saw her smile. She looked so familiar.

My hands start moving by themselves, pushing the boxes in front of me. The girl is nowhere to be found. I looked around for the girl but there was no where for her to hide. I looked at the table that was in front of me. A small tank with a fish and a note can be found on top of the table. I walk towards the note and pick it up.

Take care of me :)

I put the note down and look at the fish. It was a dark blue beta, it's scales glimmering as it swam around in the tank. I need to find out where I was, but the fish was so cute. Not only that, no one seemed to be around to feed it. I remembered walking past the fish accessories as I was looking for the bell noise. I grab the tank and follow the steps I took before.

I soon reached my destination. I put the tank on a shelf, making sure the tank wasn't near the edge, and looked for some fish food. I quickly found a bottle with the label "Beta fish flakes" and quickly opened it. As soon as I opened it, the smell of fish food filled my nostrils. I stretched out my arms and took a deep breath of fresh air. I pinched some flakes and dropped it into the tank before closing the bottle.

"Stay there, little buddy. I'm gonna go wash my hands and we shall be on our way." I said and smiled at the fish. The beta barely even payed attention and was more interested with the flakes, swimming upwards and attacking it before retreating back to the bottom of the tank.

I walked around, looking for the front desk and then proceeded with looking for anything that might be helpful. I saw a bottle of GermX and decided that was my best bet to cleaning my hands from the smelly fish food. I squirted some on my hands and rubbed vigorously. Luckily, I spotted some plastic bags that were in stores when people buy crickets and fishes while I was rubbing my hands.

I grabbed a bag and went back towards the beta, most likely finished with it's food. Just as I had guessed, the beta was finished eating and was now making bubbles, floating to the top of the tank. I smiled. "I hope you don't mind if I put you in this bag." I said softly as I opened the long bag and gently poured the beta inside the bag. I left some air inside for the fish and tied the bag by twisting the top and then making a loop and inserting it inside.

I checked myself in the mirror again and even let the fish look at itself before putting it away. I started walking towards the front door when my left eye started to hurt. The pain was like getting my eyeball poked and slowly being pulled out. I sat down on the floor, putting the bag far away from me. I closed my eyes and started clenching my teeth. I started having flashbacks of the nightmare I had earlier.

A couple seconds later, the pain diminished. I slowly opened my eyes. Tears started falling out from the pain I had just experienced. It took me awhile but I realized that the room was dark grey instead of aquamarine. I slowly looked around before looking at my fish. The fish was a dark grey instead of dark blue.

Yes, I drew and edited the picture up there. What do you think so far?? Good? Bad? Let me know! Grammar nazi's and spelling police, please comment on my mistakes! Thanks for reading! Like this chapter and comment!! Here is the original picture I edited!!

 What do you think so far?? Good? Bad? Let me know! Grammar nazi's and spelling police, please comment on my mistakes! Thanks for reading! Like this chapter and comment!! Here is the original picture I edited!!

I'm still not over SITR because it's so aesthetically pleasing and the song and choreo is so good and I'm in constant awe. I also wanna post some fan art in here so if you draw or edit, dm me for a shoutout along with your artwork/edits as well (even though I'm not well known in the Wattpad community ._.')

I also put the wolf in there, because if you're familiar with Loona folklore, Olivia is the wolf and in Olivia's m/v, they're connected, whether it be that Olivia is the sun and Jinsoul swallowed the sun (she's not a quitter because she doesn't spit🗿) or because they're fallen angels, I don't really know. I did read up that ViVi might've been the sun, so who knows.

Share your theories!