1

" Stop it !" "I can't take it anymore, one day I am going to run away and you'll never see me again and THAT'S A PROMISE!"

This is a typical day in Jacquees' life. Everyday he comes home to his abusive parents yelling and beating him for no darn reason.One day it got to the point where he couldn't take it anymore. After a seemingly long day at school he came home to an empty house, the first this has ever happened. He thought this is the day, as he ran up the stairs and quickly packing his backpack full of clothes and necessities.Running down the stairs, quickly grabbing a few granola bars out of the kitchen pantry, ran out the door and onto the street, never once looking back.

Jacquees has never felt so free as he has right now. Wandering for a while he noticed he was in his best friend ,Thomas's, neighborhood. Quickly tripping over his feet he ran to his backyard and climbed up his oak tree and threw a rock at his window. Thankfully Thomas was in his room finishing up today's math homework and heard the pebble hit his window. Thomas opened up his window to let rosy cheeked Jacquees in. As Jacquees was catching his breath Thomas gave him a once over, and was surprised of what he saw. He looked as if he was getting ready for an adventure.

"So what are you doing here?" Thomas asked curiously.

"Come with me?" Jacquees said happily