Chapter 1

Camila's pov

I had just finished performing my new single, Consequences at the AMAS. It was great experience, some people would say it was an out of this world performance. It felt so magical. The crowd was listening carefully, in comparison with when I perform Havana. Those crowds would normally dance and sing a lot. This performance was a ballad, a kinda sad ballad. Not gonna lie, I was kinda scared that the general audience wouldn't like the song, since the industry wants to sell my image as a more upbeat and fun artist, but I really like my ballads way more than any of my songs, because I feel them with so much more emotion than any of my upbeat songs that have a catchy tune. Regardless, the audience was very impressed with my vocals and the entire orchestra that was behind me. It was like a fairytale, which is kinda what we wanted, a disney fantasia type of performance.

Rarely, this sad performance made me really happy, which is something I haven't felt in such a long time that I kinda got scared and tried to block the feeling, like I always tend to do. Eventually I let the distant feeling stay. I welcomed it, but it was gone as fast as it came.

That's why I normally don't give in, because it always ends up leaving.

While I was backstage I received loads of hugs from mami, Sofi and papá. I loved my family, I couldn't ask for a better one. They were always super supportive of me and my career. Roger was also there and congratulated me and said that all the feedbacks were very positive and that people were crying and all. I really don't pay that much of attention to what Roger has to say. If he says anything important I just have my mom to remind me of it.

Recently i've been in my head. Recently means for the past year and a half. I don't really talk, or socialize but it's okay because I follow the orders. It doesn't really matter what I want or what I feel, I just have to do whatever they tell me to do and it will be alright. Or so they say.

I also saw my tour mate and one of my best friends, Taylor. She came backstage to congratulate me. She was also gushing so much, she said that so far it's her favorite performance of the night and that "it's gonna be way to difficult for anyone to top it". She say's that my song reminds her of Karlie and that she sent a video of the performance to her and she started talking about how awesome Karlie is, like she always does, and how sorry she is that Karlie couldn't be here and that "Kar would've loved it". I said it was okay. I love them. They're my favorite couple.

We weren't the only artists backstage, there were some rappers on the room next to me, I saw Normani, who I have not talked since like last month when we were both performers in  Lollapallooza. She is killing it right now, im so happy for her, she deserves it. I might kinda helped her get a deal. I might've put on a good word about her, and after listening, Ariana wanted her to open up her tour for her new album, so I talked about how awesome she is and how amazing her performances are. I didn't took that much of convincing really because, she's Normani. She was obviously one of the most suitable choices but I got sure she got chosen.

"Hey Camila, we should go outside and meet these new rappers since we are currently looking for one to be featured in one of the songs on your album" says my manager Roger. I strangely managed to listen to what he said because I wasn't in deep though at the moment.

"Okay sure" I said, really not giving the slightest fuck. I don't really like meeting new artist because some can be rude entitled snobs, but Roger normally knows what he is doing, he's good in his job, he's gotten me so far, so I trust him. Sometimes.

"Wait kaki can I come with you, por favor? because I wanna take a picture with Posty, I heard he was here" Sofi asks me.

I don't even know what a Posty is but I let her come.